We are currently experiencing problems with some external links - please bear with us while we fix this!

You can find your file using the site search - or post in the forums if you can't and we will find it for you :)

HackinDoge

ASUS X555LB-NS51 "HacBook Pro"

Hello guys, I have a problem reaching the install screen. I've created the USB drive, booted it up with various flags (-v -x -f npci=0x3000, cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No and so on) but nothing works. I get stuck at a line XCPM registered and then laptop instantly reboots.

My laptop specs:

Asus X555LB

i5-5200u

GT940m

6gb ram

1tb hdd

Attaching image here if you can see anything

IMG_20161204_184829.jpg

On 12/4/2016 at 8:54 AM, morphix said:

Hello guys, I have a problem reaching the install screen. I've created the USB drive, booted it up with various flags (-v -x -f npci=0x3000, cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No and so on) but nothing works. I get stuck at a line XCPM registered and then laptop instantly reboots.

Hello,

You must be forgetting something.  My laptop behaved similarly when I:

• Didn't disable Drop OEM SSDT
  • Didn't enable KernelPm

Make sure those are taken care of before proceeding.

Cheers!

Hi, this guide is valid for macOS Sierra? I'm trying to install it but getting cpu panic on xnu (something like that). Is there any place I can download El Capitan?

On 3/17/2017 at 10:37 AM, mrnewba said:

Hi, this guide is valid for macOS Sierra?

I've got macOS Sierra running pretty good on this laptop.  Off the top of my head, the only things you should need to update are AppleALC and the touchpad drivers.

Em 20/03/2017 at 15:16, HackinDoge disse:

I've got macOS Sierra running pretty good on this laptop.  Off the top of my head, the only things you should need to update are AppleALC and the touchpad drivers.

Hi and thank you very much. Can you share those kexts?

7 minutes ago, mrnewba said:

Hi and thank you very much. Can you share those kexts?

Derp: I don't think I'm using AppleALC for this machine, it's been awhile since I've had to dig into the internals.  I'll have to check up on that, but if you continue the DummyHDA route, you'll need to generate a new one with AppleHDA Patcher.

You can find the touchpad driver here.