HackinDoge

ASUS X555LB-NS51 "HacBook Pro"

Posted (edited)

I must be doing something wrong. I can't even boot the installer. I tried messing with the plist and kexts but it keeps hangning. Since I'm noob to hackintosh, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. :S

Edited by mrnewba

Hi, I managed to install. Now I'm on the post installation part of the guide. When you say to put kexts to 10.11 clover folder... I've installed 10.12 so I have to put them to 10.12 clover folder? I can't put those kexts to work. Also audio is not working. Should I copy only the <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key> part of your config.plist and paste them into mine?

Thanks!

On 10/4/2017 at 8:41 PM, mrnewba said:

Hi, I managed to install. Now I'm on the post installation part of the guide. When you say to put kexts to 10.11 clover folder... I've installed 10.12 so I have to put them to 10.12 clover folder? I can't put those kexts to work. Also audio is not working. Should I copy only the <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key> part of your config.plist and paste them into mine?

Thanks!

hi put ur kext in 'others' folder .so u dont have to change it everytime

Thanks! I got audio and fn keys to work. Ethernet is also working. I did not replace Wi-Fi card, I'm using a tplink Wi-Fi dongle. Only thing remaining is to put the touchpad to work. I tried a Lot of drivers from that link but none did the trick. I'm using rehabman's voodoo driver, It os the only one that makes the keyboad work.

Also my laptop is a x555u, should i do all that dsdt patching?

19 hours ago, mrnewba said:

Thanks! I got audio and fn keys to work. Ethernet is also working. I did not replace Wi-Fi card, I'm using a tplink Wi-Fi dongle. Only thing remaining is to put the touchpad to work. I tried a Lot of drivers from that link but none did the trick. I'm using rehabman's voodoo driver, It os the only one that makes the keyboad work.

Also my laptop is a x555u, should i do all that dsdt patching?

For TP u dont have to patch it .it should work.Most likely u r having issue with the kext .what TP you lapi is using,find that out then use proper kext.

Hey @Dmos, thanks for covering for me.  :P

@mrnewba, I no longer have this laptop so I will not be updating the guide further.

• Dmos is right, the Other folder is better if you don't want to keep moving your kexts every OS revision.
  • You should be using EMlyDinEsH's Smart Touchpad Driver, which I should've included in the post installation kexts.
  • You should definitely be patching your DSDT.  If your laptop doesn't have an NVIDIA GPU then you can skip any steps in that stage past Step 3, and omit the patch in Patch DSDT > Step 4 starting with `into method label _REG parent_hid PNP0C09 insert`.