• Donation Goals

Pay the bills

Thanks to everyone who has donated, all donations go right back into making the site better!

We used this to buy a better donation plugin so we will be able to set up donator rewards,  goals for new features and even premium support for that tosh that won't hack :)

Donate Now
diddykong

Extreme Graphics Problem[first build ever]

Question

if this is in the wrong section you feel please move it i would love to make my Hackintosh run smoothly 

first id like to say this is my first ever hackintosh build on a dell studio XPS 435

i began by using transmac for win7 and Mackintosh zone N{censored}.iso yosemite 10.10. i also used clover as my boot loader installed it on a kingston 16GB USB thumb drive thats like 5 years old. after trial and error i got the install for mac to work rebooted my computer started in verbose with bootflags “PCIRootUI=0” “GraphicsEnabler=No” got it to boot. after I let the system do it ‘thing’(fixing permissions and whatever else it wanted to do before i was aloud to shutdown)’ then used EFIstudio to try and fix my horrible graphics problem; and kext edit but only repaired permissions for /System/Library/Extensions in the maintenance tab.

i have no idea how to use clover config

MY HACKINTOSH SPECS

when i goto about my Mac

about my mac(hackintosh)

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009)

2.66 GHz Intel Core i7

6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3

Display 3 MB

SOFTWARE

System Version:    OS X 10.10 (14A389)

Kernel Version:    Darwin 14.0.0

Boot Volume:    Mac 10.10

Boot Mode:    Normal

HARDWARE

UPS Installed:    No

GRAPHICS

• Pegatron Radeon HD 3450 256MB DDR2 PCI Express Video Card
    • ATI Radeon HD 3450 graphics processing unit (GPU)
    • 40 stream processors
    • 600 MHz core clock
    • 256 MB DDR2 memory
    • 500 MHz memory clock
    • 64-bit memory interface
    • PCI Express 2.0 x16 interface

CPU

2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 920

MOBO

DX58m01

RAM -  i have 6 RAM slots

• 6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
  • Manufacturer:    Nanya Technology
  • Part Number:    NT1GC64B88A0NF-BE

SSD

Samsung SSD 840 Series:

Capacity:    120.03 GB (120,034,123,776 bytes)

Model:    Samsung SSD 840 Series                  

Revision:    DXT07B0Q

BSD Name:    disk1

Protocol:    ata

Unit Number:    0

Socket Type:    Serial-ATA

Partition Map Type:    GPT (GUID Partition Table)

S.M.A.R.T. status:    Verified

Audio

Realtek  - High Definitio

Digital-out (HDMI):

Manufacturer:    Voodoo 

Output Channels:    2

Current SampleRate:    48000

Transport:    Built-in

Line-out (Green Rear):

Manufacturer:    Voodoo 

Output Channels:    2

Current SampleRate:    48000

Transport:    Built-in

with that said what else do you need from me, any help would be greatly appreciated. i love to learn and figure out how to get things to work and I'm stuck. i have no idea how to edits kexts, clover configurator, or really all those tools. but I now have a running mac. i would like to use clover not MB{censored}, I'm not afraid of coding i have basic skills and knowledge in terminal. i may be thinking to hard thats why I'm stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

if this is in the wrong section you feel please move it i would love to make my Hackintosh run smoothly 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by diddykong
figured my exact processor and graphics card model

i was thinking of using my working laggy hacknmac and a clean OS X El Capitin install to my USB drive using clover. I don't want to take that route because my system boots and I'm using it now and thinking maybe i need to install an older OS because of my hardware. its booted and running and the install said if you can read this then your systems compatible? so I've puts hours into searching and trying to learn my self this but i just can't figure it out, I'm thinking QE/CI acceleration issue and trying to figure how to use vanilla to fix my dsdt? idk where to go or really what to do besides that my graphics are terrible like in a rendering way dragging windows can lag a lot same with changing apps not the top tool bar but the app toolbars with the exit button and toolbar will have a ghosting effect most of the time. everything i read assumes you know how to kinda use the program i have no idea but am a quick learner, i got this system working in uhhh 12 hours after trial and error now i can leave it on and runs fine but this graphics issue is just ridiculous.

sorry for the long extra just wanted to clarify whats going on.

again thanks anybody for your help

I've com to the conclusion my graphics card is old and needs upgrade, till i can afford one

1. will it fix my issue

EVGA GeForce GT 610 DirectX 12 (feature level 11_0) 01G-P3-2615-KR 1GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130815&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-{censored}%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=4902415&SID=

2. What can i do till then as in tuning the graphics down i suppose and would editing dtst help at all?

Edited by diddykong

well i got audio working, downloaded all in one audio salution package from N*****, sound comes out the headphone jacks. i can select HMDI for audio out but my display isn't mirrored anymore. I'm thinking thats whats wrong why i can't hear sound thru HDMI. any ideas how to fix it. i use VGA as my main screen and HDMI for watching movies and sound, any ideas?

I don't have any experience with ATI/AMD cards, but I think you'll need some work to get this card working at any OS X version above 10.9...

Open a new thread here in order to get more experienced help with this issue >

www.osx86.net/forums/forum/105-atiamd

thank you so much for a response and i will try posting in the suggested forum.

but as one last question on this post, would it maybe be wise to install and use 10.8 with clover using an unedited .dmg/.iso or use a pre build. linux mint runs great on my hardware and id like mac to do the same.

I'm going to post my graphics problem in the forum you suggested, before going as far as my reinstalling a lower OS

just got 10.8.5 by ni**** running now the ony screen flickerg i get is with in safei pages, 

having a hard time posting I'm going to reboot into 10.10 it doesnt do this in safari