Sign in to follow this  
Daimao94

Errors encountered while starting up the computer

Question

Hi,

I'm getting an error message whenever I try to launch the OS X Installer from my USB key.
I am using a Mavericks 10.9 distro (not allowed to say the name apparently, but it starts with N).

It says "Errors encountered while starting up the computer. Pausing 5 seconds".
Then my computer reboots.

After searching on the Internet, I've tried the following boot flags :

• -v
  • -v -x
  • -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No
  • -v dart=0
  • -v PCIRootUID=0/1
  • -v UseKernelCache=No

None of them worked.

Here are some screenshots.
That's what I'm getting when I boot from my Mavericks USB key : http://i.imgur.com/hAjKdiF.jpg

And this is what I'm getting when I boot from my Chameleon USB key, then my Mavericks USB key : http://i.imgur.com/n76qoDp.jpg

I've created my Mavericks bootable USB using Win32DiskImager and my Chameleon USB stick following a tutorial (from MacB***ker) since I do not have access to a Mac.

The worst part is that I actually managed to install Mavericks a few days ago on the same computer !
I uninstalled it in order to do a clean install and now it doesn't work.

What should I do ?

CPU : i5-4570

Motherboard : ASRock B85 Pro4

GPU : GTX 760

Edited by Daimao94

4 answers to this question

It seems that you have leftovers of identical bootloader files of Chameleon on you're harddisk. You have to partition and format you're harddisk again with G-parted (Linux Distro). Then try again...  

Il y a 1 heure, PROTOCOLX a dit :

It seems that you have leftovers of identical bootloader files of Chameleon on you're harddisk. You have to partition and format you're harddisk again with G-parted (Linux Distro). Then try again...  

Thanks. I actually fixed my first issue using the bootflag "xpcm-free".

However, I have a new problem.

When I try to format my partition using Disk Utility, I get this message : "Couldn't modify partition map".

I tried to format my partition to FAT, FAT32, HFS+ using GParted but that didn't solve my problem.

(I tried the following options : "Verify Disk" and "Repair Disk", but no errors were found)

Edited by Daimao94

Have you managed earlier with OSX install to partition the harddrive with disk utility?

And did you choose with Gparted 'set disklabel' instead of formatting the partition? Because with formatting only the MBR section of the harddrive will not be affected. If you choose 'set disklabel' and set MSDOS as disklabel, you should be able to partition with Diskutlity of OSX installer. 

On 03/04/2016 at 10:32 PM, Daimao94 said:

Thanks. I actually fixed my first issue using the bootflag "xpcm-free".

However, I have a new problem.

When I try to format my partition using Disk Utility, I get this message : "Couldn't modify partition map".

I tried to format my partition to FAT, FAT32, HFS+ using GParted but that didn't solve my problem.

(I tried the following options : "Verify Disk" and "Repair Disk", but no errors were found)

Why not you make a new usb with clover as your HW support UEFI and you should try 10.10 .

10.9.5 only has support for haswell cpus.so lower not going to work