drphibes1964

ASUS HD5450-SL-1GD3-L-V2

Question

ASUS HD5450-SL-1GD3-L-V2 unable to get recognised and work El Capitan 10.11.4 The card id shows 677b name AMD RADEON HD7400 Series 5Mb. Tried clover DSDT that is patched for hd5450 on my optiplex 780 but black screen no boot, put a radeon 4600 in and works OOB, no kext or DSDT, any help gratefull, 

The HD5450 was never supported by any version of OS X as far as i know. However, there are plenty of people out there that have these basic cards up n running. Are you doing this from a fresh install or have you upgraded from Yosemite or before. Most of the hacks I have seen for this card have all been on older versions of Mac OS X ?

Martin

Fresh install made from a seperate hackintosh running Yosemite followed this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308097-guide-el-capitan-1011x-dell-optiplex-780-760-755-790/ to the letter, will only install with generic DSDT not the supplied hd5450 patched, once installed . El Capitan runs perfect with no dsdt in dsdt patched folder or generic installed, would like try a post that admininstrator has on site already but images are protected

Clover Fake ID HD5450 Yosemite, El Capitan

Started by Rene, June 4, 2015...Appreciate the help, if it helps this is the patched hd5450 dsdt

DSDT.aml

There must be some reason Rene put the card to DSDT, you might have a different BIOS version from when that guide was written, Rene does frequent this forum, give him a shout and see if he can assist you further :)

Martin

Those images are not protected but lost, sorry for that.
http://www.osx86.net/forums/topic/23421-clover-fake-id-hd5450-yosemite-el-capitan/

Find these 3 sections in your config.plist and add/change these values

<key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
      <key>DSDT</key>
      <dict>
        <key>Debug</key>
        <false/>
        <key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Fixes</key>
        <dict>
          <key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
          <true/>

</dict>
      <key>FakeID</key>
      <dict>
        <key>ATI</key>
        <string>0x68B81002</string>
      </dict>

<key>RtVariables</key> 
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>

No need to use Inject ATI because in El Capitan it gives a black screen after sleep with this card.

Or upload your zipped config.plist file and I will do it for you.

tried the settings in config.plist with effect no boot could be my mistake, so had use install usb to gain access, as requested I have uploaded the current config.plist file that successfully loads El Capitan for you to look over Rene appreciate your help . I think the problem with the card model ASUS HD5450-SL-1GD3-L-V2 is that it is showing ID 0x667B see attached file's. just to confirm there is no patched DSDT installed & a clean install no kext changes. I have installed card in windows pc to confirm same id screen shot provided, with some info found about 667B. I can replace the card with a recommended OOB but needs to be single slot low profile as it's the Optiplex 780SFF. As mentioned previously tried a full height hd4600 via dvi card works perfect, but being full height unable to use it.

config.plist

CHIP FAMILY.PNG

GRAPHIC CARD ID.jpg

WINDOWS ID.JPG