drphibes1964

ASUS HD5450-SL-1GD3-L-V2

Question

ASUS HD5450-SL-1GD3-L-V2 unable to get recognised and work El Capitan 10.11.4 The card id shows 677b name AMD RADEON HD7400 Series 5Mb. Tried clover DSDT that is patched for hd5450 on my optiplex 780 but black screen no boot, put a radeon 4600 in and works OOB, no kext or DSDT, any help gratefull, 

As you have asked I have both windows ID of card along with El Capitan ID of card and as the image above posted from windows 10 and the posted below image's show even though it is an Asus hd5450 low profile card, the ID 667B shows on windows and OSX that checking online would make it an hd7400 chipset. I think you will agree that this is the problem as most hd5450 online seem to have fix's for 0x68F9 or 0x68E. Asus card seems to be a different chipset maybe ? If it helps I can just throw this card under a bus and replace with a recommended one from you, or keep working with your valuable help to teach Asus a lesson :encouragement:.. If needed I can go with Yosemite install, my fate is in your hands Rene be gentle

hardware ID.jpg

loaded kexts.jpg

Edited by drphibes1964
uploaded image twice

Could it be that someone flashed the VIDEO BIOS with a wrong BIOS?

Can you pull out the card and read what is printed on it?

There is something wrong and if we can’t find it your best chance is to buy another one.

The HD5450 from ASUS should be a fine card. Works perfectly for me.

A GeForce EN210 from ASUS should also be a easy working out of the box card. And low profile as you asked.

Rene you were on the right track mentioning the bios, my card as you can see in the image came from Overclockers UK brand new with a bios version 0.13 that results in being seen as a Radeon hd7450. Decided to downgrade the bios to 0.12 with atiflash it installed great and gave the card 0x68F9 as you knew it would being a Hackintosh Legend, the downside for me was even though bios was successfully installed just requiring a reboot, presented with a black screen unusable could just be me so put it back to 0.13..So the moral of the story is Asus are making these cards bios no longer viable for us to use, and unless the shop you purchase it from will take back if you install to find it has ID 677B DONT BUY ONE as there is no reference on the card or packaging to what bios is on the board you wont find out till installed. Will go with another card option, Many thanks for your help :very_drunk:

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1438.JPG

Don't give up hope on it, I don't think it's the manufacturers producing cards that wont flash to Mac ID's, I have had the same problem with an old what was sold to me as Mac pro Nvidia 8800GT that turned out be a Sparkle 8800GTS and no matter what version i flash it with, other than it's original rom results with a black screen too. So i think it's possibly the flashing tools themselves now that don't write certain parts or that maybe there is something being stored in the UEFI rom on the motherboard that refuses to use it because the ID has changed. I might try that later and see if you have completely flatten the BIOS to see if it works after a full CMOS reset.

Martin

I agree with Martin, you should not give up on this card. A black screen is not the end of the world. There are some settings to try first.
Start with the BIOS with the right Device ID 0x68F9.
Then use the Fake ID with Clover. Also try Fake ID: 0x68E01002.
Also do not use Shrike as frame buffer. Remove this or use Eulemur.
Are you using the VGA port, because the DVI port will give you the best change. Maybe use a DVI2VGA converter.
In Clover use 3 ports.
And you should change your SMBios to a MacPro3,1. not a iMac. That is the best SMBIOS for you card.

You see there are many settings you can try.
Personally I think if you use the VBIOS with the Device ID 0x68F9 it will work.

You can also try to find a VBIOS that matches your card here:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/77889/sapphire-hd5450-1024-100321

There are many and you should use this option as last because if it goes wrong the card could become unusable.

I didn't had time for your config.plist, so please give me some more time.

Good luck :)

If you're going to flash the card, keep your back-up rom in  a safe place - just in case ;)

Martin