Sign in to follow this  
CharCat

10.6.8 hangs at Apple logo

Question

I got 10.6.3 up and running on my first hackintosh. The first time I tried to install 10.6.8 I got a message I needed 10.6.7 installed. I found all of the Snow Leopard updates thru wikipedia which had links back to Apple for 10..4 thru 10.6.8 v1.1. I installed 10.6.4 and it ran swimmingly. As I was getting ready to fix the boot0 error a message pooped up saying the 10.6.8 upgrade was available.

I started the install process and it apparently it was successful. Now the kicker. When I boot now it gets to the Apple logo and hangs. I've tried using and not using PCIRootUID=1 and going into safe mode. What's keeping it from starting?

3 answers to this question

add -v as about flag and then tell us the KP or provide a picture, also try the old faithful npci=0x2000 if that fails try npci=0x3000

Martin

8 hours ago, TpwUK said:

add -v as about flag and then tell us the KP or provide a picture, also try the old faithful npci=0x2000 if that fails try npci=0x3000

Martin

npci=0x2000 - NADA

npci=0x3000 - NADA

Tried to go back to original install with install disc. System went so far then rebooted without ever showing the installer.

Attached pic is KP that occurred before something happened that allowed 10.6.3 load properly.

Still need to fix boot(0) error but can't do that if the bloody fool macOS won't even load.

Maybe I'll try again Saturday. If no success, I'll put my machine out on ebay and just buy an older mac. (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c01390590 - 8GB RAM; NEW 500GB WD HDD, Dell 15" monitor; EVGA Geforce8400 PCIe)

DSCN2309.JPG

HP Pavilion a6400f Desktop PC Product Specifications.docx