We are currently experiencing problems with some external links - please bear with us while we fix this!

You can find your file using the site search - or post in the forums if you can't and we will find it for you :)

numerous

PCIe TP-Link Wifi Card Not Recognizable - (Sierra 10.12.2)

I recently built a custom Hackintosh, and am very pleased with everything EXCEPT for one major problem; I installed a TP-LINK Archer T9E PCI Express AC1900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter and for some reason, my Hackintosh simply cannot recognize this device at all. It is a huge issue to not have a wireless internet connection, especially since my work is almost entirely done online. 

Here is a list of the important hardware I am using to run macOS Sierra (10.12.2):

-GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 Motherboard
-Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz Processor
-TP-LINK Archer T9E PCI Express AC1900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter

I was under the impression that this wifi adapter was natively supported by macOS X, but apparently I was wrong. Perhaps there is something I need to do in the BIOS to enable PCIe compatibility? My motherboard is currently running the F5 BIOS software, fyi. I would love to get this problem resolved, so any help is much appreciated!

I searched YT with  'https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tp-link+archer+t9e+ac1900+hackintosh' and there are several matches, maybe one will get you up n running. The card is as you said supposed to be Apple friendly and work out the box. I suspect it might have to do with whatever network device number has been assigned to it such as en2 instead of en0 or something similar. I know Sierra has got stricter with WiFi because they are using it as a method to detect if you have a MacPro 3,1 in order to prevent you installing macOS Sierra. 

Martin