We are currently experiencing problems with some external links - please bear with us while we fix this!

You can find your file using the site search - or post in the forums if you can't and we will find it for you :)

Sign in to follow this  
poesel

screen suddenly black

Question

Hi,

I forgot to turn of my computer yesterday and came back to it today to find the screen black. Until then it has been working perfectly fine.

After the reset I get the usual boot log but as soon as the screen switches to graphics mode it turns black. I can hear the sounds of programs starting so I'm pretty sure the system itself is running. But apart from the mouse pointer I can see nothing.

I've booted into recovery mode and this works fine (with graphics). Win10 also runs without problems.

What can I do?

What further information do you need?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

If you are using Nvidia graphics card ...

Try adding 'agdp=Mac-00BE6ED71E35EB86' to your boot arguments and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work you might need to run AGPFix

If you are using AMD/ATi then I can't help :/

Martin

No, no NVIDIA card. HD4600.

Thanks for the help but I found the solution. I blindly typed my password and then was back to normal. Looks like only the password screen went black. Very strange.

On 07/01/2017 at 5:01 PM, poesel said:

No, no NVIDIA card. HD4600.

Thanks for the help but I found the solution. I blindly typed my password and then was back to normal. Looks like only the password screen went black. Very strange.

if u dont this prob any more ..disable hibernate