We are currently experiencing problems with some external links - please bear with us while we fix this!

You can find your file using the site search - or post in the forums if you can't and we will find it for you :)

rvaras

Yosemite Nvidia 9400Gt blues...

Question

Hey Everybody... this is my first post here, and I just setup my first hackintosh.

So, I installed Yosemite 10.10 from N{censored} (Yeah... I know.. avoid distros). And everything seems to be fine except for the Nvidia card which I can not activate.

The OS loads with some sort of generic low res standard driver, and I am able to log in and see the desktop in one of my screens but it is really sluggish, you guys know what I am talking about...

The first question is : How can I try different kexts, drivers, etc with the possibility of getting back the old settings. Everytime I change a thing in the nvidia/video settings or kexts the next time I reboot I can no longer see the desktop, because my screens goes off (or even worse the os won't boot). I mean both screens turns off as a result of the lack of video signal. So I need to recover the default OS video driver without having to reinstall all over again...

The second question is : HOW IN THE WORLD can I make the Nvidia 9400GT (deviceId 0x065b) work ? I tried everything I found in this (and other) forums to no avail. Kexts, Nvidia drivers, etc. Always the same... screens go off. Anyone can help me with a clear step by step guide ?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer to this question

GeForce 9400GT works OOB. Forget that distro and make a full vanilla installation with Clover or Enoch. If you still need support, start by providing your system's specs.

Edited by RV_ABZ