detr0x

Need Driver for Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 for Hackintosh sierra

Question

Hi,

Is there anyone out there who can help getting the drivers for killer 1535 for Alienware R3 15 for Sierra Hackintosh.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

3 answers to this question

I tried to find the device´s specs.

In the past it was possible to edit the AirPort Atheros40 kext. Some footwork will have to be done.

Maybe consider swapping the card for a one working with Sierra oob.

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Rivet_Networks_Killer_Wireless-AC_1535

Best look here for some proceedings: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312045-atheros-wireless-driver-os-x-101112-for-unsupported-cards/

Am 1.6.2017 um 10:06 schrieb detr0x:

Hi,

Is there anyone out there who can help getting the drivers for killer 1535 for Alienware R3 15 for Sierra Hackintosh.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

Hi

I Have mainboard from Dell 7275 Surfage with 8 GB Memory, M5 CPU Intel HD VGA Card ( w/o fan) 

I have 512 GB M2 pcie ssd and Killer 1535 or Intel 7265 wlan -- I have installed High Sierra

Everyting Functıoanaly well but wlan not posible to config -- (but bluetooth function is ok) 

I need driver for Killer 1535 or intel 7265 

Now ı have ordered Broadcom 943142Y, 

I wait for new wlan :)

There's no support for Intel wireless cards in OS X/macOS whatsoever and never will be until Apple decide to fit Intel cards to their computers (if ever! 😝 ).

Support for (some) Atheros cards stops at High Sierra. Note that Apple dropped support for those in Mojave but Aheros cards that were previously supported in High Sierra may still be supported by installing Atheros40 kext from say 10.13.6.

As for Broadcom BCM943142Y (14e4:4365), that's also unsupported afaik so you've probably ordered that for nothing... Oups!

'better do your research and opt for a model that's known to be compatible from the onset like DW1830 or DW1560. You may check a (non-exhaustive) list of compatible devices here.

Edited by RV_ABZ