We are currently experiencing problems with some external links - please bear with us while we fix this!

You can find your file using the site search - or post in the forums if you can't and we will find it for you :)

Spas

OS X boot loader path

On 7/10/2017 at 1:00 PM, Spas said:

Let me finish this topic although I'm not finished yet.

I've found this:

I did that and using the installer to run its BOOTX64.efi Clover offered an option to boot the OS from the HDD and finally macOS 10.11 started on my machine.

Not understanding this boot process, I'm not satisfied.

The chain is:

Clover boots from the boot installer,

which boots from the HDD where the installed OS resides. (This OS is bootable by VNware also.)

The HDD EFI partition contains a BOOT directory where there is a BOOTX64.efi and two more directories:

Clover and BOOT.

The last BOOT directory contains BOOTX64.efi also.

Hi,

I'm still not quite sure what you were trying to accomplish or if you were successful in your goal, but the Clover wiki has a page that should answer this particular question of yours: https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/What-is-what

Thank you for answering me.

I've thought I need to find a better solution for the boot OS X process I've implemented but situation has changed and I'm almost at the beginning.

The long story short seams like this:

I've made a Clover boot installer, it installed OS X 10.11.6 on a target HDD, I've made the proposed changes to the EFI partition of target disk so as to make the OS X bootable and using the installer's USB I can boot the installed OS X El Capitan.

But, ...

an error on the installer's USB flash prevents me from new OS installation. I tried to generate a new Clover boot installer but still without success.

The problem I see is:

panic(cpu ...): Kernel trap at [], type 13=general protection

Debugger called: <panic>

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0)

Darwin Kernel ver 15.6.0

The situation is the same even when no AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is present in the Clover/kext/10.11 folder and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is present there and in the root of USB drive, where I put it because even I put this extension in the Clover Cofigurator's Kernel and Kext Patches/ForceKextsToLoad nothing has happened, along with FakeSMC.kext and EFI folder.

So, right know, I don't know what to do.

When I've succeed making the bootloader I just followed the publication Install OS X 10.11 El Capitan on Hackintosh (Vanilla)  knowing nothing.

Now, I'm in a better form having some experience but, obviously, not enough knowledge. 

So, someone help me please.

On 7/15/2017 at 10:20 AM, Spas said:

The situation is the same even when no AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is present in the Clover/kext/10.11 folder

This is expected.  AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is an Apple kext, and is located at /S/L/E.

On 7/15/2017 at 10:20 AM, Spas said:

and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is present there

Weird, NCPM should've solved any AICPUPM woes for that dual Xeon setup.  Have you tried placing it in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other?  Maybe installing it to /S/L/E and booting without caches might work?

I've got a working installation of OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan on Intel Server Board S5520HC.

Not sure I'll tune it to match the board, though.

Never the less, with a bootable HDD's EFI partition (after installing Clover in it for example) and the EFI folder from the installation USB drive in it and with a boot path for the board's Internal EFI Shell drive:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi the board can invoke Clover Boot Loader which load the OS. :)

Edited by Spas

Finally. all my troubles were because of the source I've been using to install OS X. I found a source which installed automatically and smoothly and Clover Boot Loader on the installation USB drive booted the OS.

There is one more possibility to boot the OS - from board's Internal EFI Shell.

For  this to work the HDD's EFI partition needs to be made bootable, for example by installing Clover in it, and then to put the EFI folder from the installing USB drive in it. (In case Clover has been installed for the purpose of making HDD's EFI partition bootable, its EFI folder is to be replaced.)

Then, board's Internal EFI Shel needs the boot path HDD:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi from which it invokes Clover Boot Loader. It boots the OS.