Keonny

DSDT for Dell Vostro 5480

Question

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie in the hackintosh area.
I managed to install the macOS Sierra on my laptop a Dell Vostro 5480 it contains:
I5 5200u
Nvidia geforce 830M (I'm using the graphics processor, if it works please tell me)
Intel wireless adapter 7260 (I know it does not work)
I have tried setting it up as a MacBook Pro 12.1, however, it does not recognize my battery, I read about it and from what I saw the DSDT has nothing to do with the specific model of the computer but rather with the hardware, I saw some models and the Dell inspiron 14 5000 series has very close hardware to mine, however I can not use its DSDT's. Can anybody help me?

1 answer to this question

On 11/4/2017 at 10:05 AM, Keonny said:

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie in the hackintosh area.
I managed to install the macOS Sierra on my laptop a Dell Vostro 5480 it contains:
I5 5200u
Nvidia geforce 830M (I'm using the graphics processor, if it works please tell me)
Intel wireless adapter 7260 (I know it does not work)
I have tried setting it up as a MacBook Pro 12.1, however, it does not recognize my battery, I read about it and from what I saw the DSDT has nothing to do with the specific model of the computer but rather with the hardware, I saw some models and the Dell inspiron 14 5000 series has very close hardware to mine, however I can not use its DSDT's. Can anybody help me?

Hi,

for dual GPu lapis you have to disable on of them.better to use Intel HD in this case.

As for other goes for laptops you need to patch in dsdt to have working full keyboard and battery etc.

If you are using clover then press F3 at and it will dump all the apci tables.Post your DSDT

also to fix dsdt we need to have IOreg save file ,for that you can use IOregexplorer ot IOjonse

if you like to do it yourself you can use MACiASL to dsdt and use rebunmans patchs for  you lapi

good hack