ThomasMattOnline

MacOS High Sierra Install Problems, Need help :)

Question

Hello, I have just built a new PC and would like to put on High Sierra however I am experiencing a lot of issues. I tried to watch a lot of YouTube video's and read tutorials but for some reason my PC doesn't like it...

The problem I am getting at the moment is that my USB drive boots up with EFI, however in the EFI it will not find my USB for "Install macOS High Sierra" and with it not finding this I cannot enter the installation.

I have tried installing to the USB with Uni-Beast and Terminal however no luck.

Bios settings are set how it says in the tutorials and it's a genuine copy of macOS from Apple.

PC Specs:

Asus Prime Z370-P Motherboard

Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz

Palit GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

8GB RAM

TP Link - TL - WN881ND

500GB HDD
(My SSD has Windows installed so using that as separate drive)

If anyone has had this problem before please could you help?

Edited by ThomasMattOnline

1 answer to this question

7 hours ago, ThomasMattOnline said:

Hello, I have just built a new PC and would like to put on High Sierra however I am experiencing a lot of issues. I tried to watch a lot of YouTube video's and read tutorials but for some reason my PC doesn't like it...

The problem I am getting at the moment is that my USB drive boots up with EFI, however in the EFI it will not find my USB for "Install macOS High Sierra" and with it not finding this I cannot enter the installation.

If you are using clover bootloader then press F3 to reset boot menu. Remove ur windows installation HDD.Then try to install.

Check bios settings again,make sure they are same with the USB settings (UEFI or legacy).

Post ur clover config.plist