jaderyan

HD4000 shows 1536mb but no QE/CI - Desktop

Question

Hello, 

i'm new in this forum, i have read rules and i hope i'm in the right place.

I have installer High Sierre 10.13 (17A405) on my PC, Intel i7 3770K, 8Gb of Memory, SSD 60Gb, MSI Z77 Gaming.

When installation is finished i have only Graphics 4Mb

I edited config.plist in clover and check Inject Intel and use all ig plattform id with same result expect 02 to black screen

i have in Aboout this mac Intel HD 4000 4Mb

then i installed AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext (i download form internet but i didn't remember where) and i have Intel HD 4000 1536mb.

i have 17" monitor with only VGA port (1440x900) so i use HMDI to VGA Adaptor, i have also 15" monitor with DVI port (1024x768) connect with DVI cable.

i used them separately but the result is the same, i have Intel HD 4000 1536mb in About this mac but i don't have acceleration,

so there are some flickering and i can't use adobe premiere or final cut or any 3D software.

i attached my config.plist and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext

Hope anyone could help me,

thanks

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext.zip

config.plist

Hi and thank you very much for your reply, i will try this config.plist and back to you after.

this AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext was downloaded from web because i didn't have it in my SLE after installation, i searched on the usb drive for installation but there is no AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext inside so where can i find the original one please

i revert AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and used your config.plist but i still have the same result. i've attached pictures.

when i don't use AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext i saw no kext loaded in graphics display but i have the same flickering and not full acceleration.

i tried to patch AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext to use 256mb or 512mb or 1024mb even 2048mb but it changed nothing only 

changes is shown in About this mac

what else can i try please.

1.png

2.png

I don't understand how AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext is not in your S/L/E? It should be there by default. Maybe there lies your problem...

And looking at your screenshots your graphic card seems recognized by the system.

Anyways, use my config.plist and try some other ig-platform-ids, like this one > config.plistSimply change them with Clover configurator.

Pleas report back!

hi, i'm sorry i found AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and puted it back, i tried your new config.plist, i changed bios gpu vram to 32 64 128 256 but nothing changed.

i have slow animation with launchpad, i can't use 3d application, i can't use adobe premiere or final cut.

i can't use chrome but only safari with slow animation where there is flash plugin.

i don't what else to do, please do you any suggestions?