Sign in to follow this  
thorias

Got it working perfect with chameleon v2 RC2

The reason it stopped working is likely because IONetworkingFamily and IOPCIFamily were both updated in 10.5.8. If you're trying to use the newer ones with 10.5.7, or the older ones with 10.5.8, you're probably going to run into problems.

I'm using the new Realtek driver along with IONetworkingFamily and IOPCIFamily in my /Extra/Extensions and it works just fine under 10.5.8.

The reason it stopped working is likely because and IOPCIFamily were both updated in 10.5.8. If you're trying to use the newer ones with 10.5.7, or the older ones with 10.5.8, you're probably going to run into problems.

I'm using the new Realtek driver along with IONetworkingFamily and IOPCIFamily in my /Extra/Extensions and it works just fine under 10.5.8.

what I did I patched the dsdt from aserebln as he had fixed/cleaned to compile with no errors/warnings and then I patched this with acpi patcher and I had only 1 warning after patching so I prepared another dsdt straight from the mobo bios (use the first tab 'bios patching' and select create dsdt.aml and you'll need your bios bin) I checked on the newly generated dsdt at which line as per the iasl output the issue was (from aserebnl dsdt) compared to the dsdt created from mobo bios and corrected the warning from this (basically was to delete a zero arg which wasn't present on the other dsdt generated from bios bin file) compiled again then got 0 warnings/errors and I'm using this dsdt and my system is running perfectly fine...

For the Realtek as you said it is an official/certified mac os x 10.4/10.5 driver so I kept like that installed properly on my system (and it has been released in july...) like you installed the same network card on a macpro you'll do the same installing this driver onto your system, right? ;)

If you want proper sound working with dsdt patching and you have a ALC889a (and a gigabyte mobo maybe will work on other) on board then use this code:

Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x05
})
}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x08)
{
"codec-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x89, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
},

"layout-id",
/**** Is ResourceTemplate, but EndTag not at buffer end ****/ Buffer (0x04)
{
0x42, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

"device-type",
Buffer (0x10)
{
"Realtek ALC889a"
},

"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (0x01)
{
0x00
}
}, Local0)

Then you will have proper lines config (line in, mic, line out...) in syspref and sound output will be on the green connector....:D

Also with this you won't need a single kext to enable sound it will work 100% straight away detected by the system...

Thread about alc889a: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941&st=380&gopid=1231986entry1231986

@thorias

What did you do with the code? Put it in the DSDT? How exactly?

And are you getting errors on boot?

Thanks

if you have a dsdt.aml in yiour chameleon stick, then use

./iasl -dc dsdt.aml 

in a terminal you'll get a dsdt.dst then you'll be able to edit the dsdt.dst with a txt editor (I use jedit for myself), save the file and compile it back with

./iasl -ta dsdt.dsl

to ahve a dsdt.aml and then put it pack in your chameleon stick and enjoy....:D

In my syslog I have 13 sound assertion error...on boot but system is working great and with the sound, it is in fact not really a big deal....

I guess what I'm asking, is do you replace existing code in the DSDT with the above posted code, or do you add the code to the DSDT? And if the latter, just add it at the end?

I have looked through the dsdt file, and see a "device (AZAL)", but not "device (HDEF)"...

And, also, before using the first command that de-compiles the dsdt.aml

./iasl -dc dsdt.aml

do I need to cd into the /Volumes/ChameleonStick/Extras first?

Thanks