• Donate

OSX86.NET lives on your donations!  Please contribute what you can so we can get rid of those pesky ads !

Sign in to follow this  
thorias

Got it working perfect with chameleon v2 RC2

I guess what I'm asking, is do you replace existing code in the DSDT with the above posted code, or do you add the code to the DSDT? And if the latter, just add it at the end?

I have looked through the dsdt file, and see a "device (AZAL)", but not "device (HDEF)"...

And, also, before using the first command that de-compiles the dsdt.aml

./iasl -dc dsdt.aml

do I need to cd into the /Volumes/ChameleonStick/Extras first?

Thanks

Ok so that's means that you don't have a patched dsdt, then see my previous post with acpi patcher then compare your dsdt code with this one and change the values with the one in this thread...

Ok so that's means that you don't have a patched dsdt, then see my previous post with acpi patcher then compare your dsdt code with this one and change the values with the on in this thread...

OK, sorry. Yes, I just looked in the original unpatched dsdt as an example, but I do have the patched dsdt for my board. Duh, should have looked in that one instead. So, I gather that the patched dsdt will have the device (HDEF), and that I just need to replace its contents with what you have posted. Sorry to be so dense and take up your time...just trying to make sure I have a good understanding of what your instructions mean.

AsereBLN's patched DSDTs use AZAL, not HDEF. Hmm.

Yes, there is no device HDEF in AsereBLN's patched DSDT.

@Thorias, I see now that I needed to follow the steps that you outlined earlier before the HDEF info will be there to replace. Makes much more sense now.

However, I got two errors when patching the dsdt using koalala's osx dsdt patcher. It would not finish compiling completely until I ran it with "force compile" checked. You think I am okay trying to find and fix the errors after the fact?

Yes, there is no device HDEF in AsereBLN's patched DSDT.

@Thorias, I see now that I needed to follow the steps that you outlined earlier before the HDEF info will be there to replace. Makes much more sense now.

However, I got two errors when patching the dsdt using koalala's osx dsdt patcher. It would not finish compiling completely until I ran it with "force compile" checked. You think I am okay trying to find and fix the errors after the fact?

Are you using asereBLN dsdt? or creating one from scratch with the mobo bios?

Are you using asereBLN dsdt? or creating one from scratch with the mobo bios?

I created one myself, and compared it to the original that AsereBLN includes with his patched DSDT for my board. It was similar enough, so I used his patched dsdt. Also, I don't know if it matters, but I ran the koalala patcher on my Windows7 install, for lack of an XP install atm.

These are the two errors that I got:

dsdt.dsl   476: DTGP(Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf(Local0))
Error 4063 - ^ Object does not exist (DTGP)

dsdt.dsl 5436: DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Error 4063 - ^ Object does not exist (DTGP)

ASL Input: dsdt.dsl - 6013 lines, 199785 bytes, 2507 keywords
AML Output: dsdt.aml - 19496 bytes, 683 named objects, 1824 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 2 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 37 Optimizations

There are only two instances of "DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3)" in the dsdt, one at the end of Device (HDEF) and one at the end of Device (PCI0), which is my video card. For the latter, I wasn't really sure how to interpret the info in IORegistryExplorer, so I just used the default info that you provided in your instructions (PCI0). Is it possible that I chose the wrong location for my video card when configuring the koalala patcher? If so, how exactly do I determine the correct location in IORegistryExplorer?

Also, in the replacement code for HDEF that you provided above, it does not have the last few lines of the code that are in the the DSDT that I have :

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3)
RefOf (Local0)
Return (Local0)
}

which of course includes the DTGP line that is causing one of my errors. When replacing the HDEF code, am I supposed to omit these 3 lines, or just replace the code above them within the HDEF info and leave them be? I noticed the code that you posted for the HDEF in another thread DID have these lines included.

After thinking about it awhile, are these lines of code supposed to be calling on a method or function named DTGP? Because looking through the code, there is no such function defined. I am wondering if the koalala patcher was supposed to insert this function, and somehow did not. That would explain the errors. Is this listed in your patched DSDT?

Also, I dont know if you remember or not, but in another thread I posted the minor differences that existed between my original dsdt and the AsereBLN's original dsdt, and coincidentally there was a difference in the address base for Device (\_SB.PCI0.EXPL). I left this as it was and did not modify it, as you said that you didn't think it was much of an issue... Don't know if this is related, but I thought I'd include that bit of info in case it is...

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to figuring this out and ditching my efi-x chip!

EDIT: Well, after looking at the problem logically, it dawned on me that it was just not finding the method DTGP, and then I saw that one of the boxes to check in the koalala patcher was "DTGP fix"... I went back and re-did everything again, and this time I got 0 errors and one warning... I ran the patcher about 4 times before I got it to work last night at 3 am, so my guess is that I must have forgot that whole "fixes" tab that time around.... Doh! [smacking forehead]

Sorry if anyone spent too much time reading this post and trying to help... just another case of carelessness syndrome. Hopefully i can get through the rest with no problems.

Thanks.