zosobao5150

Useful Software Tools

With Netkas' new FakeSMC 2.5, you can now use iStat menus on your Hackintosh. This is a great utility that displays all sorts of useful system info in your menubar, with more in-depth info quickly available in drop-down format. The best part is the temp monitor... I have all four cores displayed in my menubar. The app is also highly configurable. There seems to be a few bugs, like fan speeds not showing. I don't now if this is a problem on iSlayer's end, or something to do with FakeSMC.

Check it out, HERE.

Thx for the fakesmc tip, Knotty. I've never seen fan speeds in iStat under any OS on my Frakkintosh, so I think it's the app's problem.

Wooohoo ... thanks Knotty for ponting that out ... Ive been a huge fan of iStat since I got my Macbook in 2006 ... I missed not having full functionality on my hack.

Yes indeedy! Love having correct temps show up for the cores. I've been using Hardware Monitor and I knew it was giving me bad temp data -- 25°C for the CPU just didn't make sense. Now I know the cores are running at 55-60°C which does make sense.