zosobao5150

Useful Software Tools

Here's another gem: I found this applescript app that someone on InsanelyMac wrote... If you are having problems with your computer automatically going to sleep, stick this app somewhere (Applications/ Utilities for example) and add it to your startup items. When the time you have set in preferences passes, your computer will sleep. Nice! Not a real fix, but a good temporary solution.

Download it HERE.

Edit: Found that this has the same problem that I had with PleaseSleep... If you are doing something like say, ripping a DVD, this will make the computer sleep regardless... If you are not moving the mouse or typing on the keyboard, the computer will go to sleep. This is not really useful, because I'd like to be able let my computer say, encode video while I'm asleep and then put the computer to sleep when I'm done.

So, for me, its just as easy to manually sleep the computer with command-option-F12 and not have it set to sleep and have to worry about it sleeping while I'm trying to do something....

Knotty et al, I found a newish SleepEnabler kext rewritten by Netkas IIRC for Snow Leopard 10.6.2 at his blog site -- its link is down in the "10.6.2 released" section. I've attached it.

I installed it today and auto sleep is now working for me (forced sleep has worked all along for me with my package of kexts). But confounding the issue is that I have had "Please Sleep," a free util to sleep the system, installed and enabled, so I don't know if it needs them both or just the new SleepEnabler. I'll try to play tomorrow.

UPDATE -- my bad -- auto sleep is _not_ working, and Please Sleep doesn't work either with EFI 10.5 (it did work with my Chameleon bootstick). Forced sleep still OK. At least the revised SleepEnabler doesn't KP 10.6.2.

Here's another gem: I found this applescript app that someone on InsanelyMac wrote... If you are having problems with your computer automatically going to sleep, stick this app somewhere (Applications/ Utilities for example) and add it to your startup items. When the time you have set in preferences passes, your computer will sleep. Nice! Not a real fix, but a good temporary solution.

Download it HERE.

Edit: Found that this has the same problem that I had with PleaseSleep... If you are doing something like say, ripping a DVD, this will make the computer sleep regardless... If you are not moving the mouse or typing on the keyboard, the computer will go to sleep. This is not really useful, because I'd like to be able let my computer say, encode video while I'm asleep and then put the computer to sleep when I'm done.

So, for me, its just as easy to manually sleep the computer with command-option-F12 and not have it set to sleep and have to worry about it sleeping while I'm trying to do something....

Now it's possible to define Programs who prevent the computer from sleep - good for DVD-Ripping or p2p ...

PDF Guide for Patching Your Own DSDT via Koalala : http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457...%3F3ekqd5nlml5

link seems to be gone

This file is currently set to private.

When a file is set to private by its owner only the owner of the file can access it. If you are the owner of the file please log into your account to access this file.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact support.

Click here to view our help resources