Sign in to follow this  
Brady87

Newish Boot Loader that boots Media from USB

Hi brady, thanks for the advice.

But it didn't work, did nothing.. I'm back to using nvinject.kext (which doesnt allow fancy graphic stuff)

EFIStudio I had already tried before posting this..

would a ioregdump.txt help you in any way?

Dunno what else I can say, I took a screenshot of my setup now just in case (in attach)

I always looked at this Boot Think since version 2, but I don't know what I should think about it. It's based on Chameleon, which is Boot-132 based. Both Boot-132 from Apple and Chameleon are released under the Apple Opensource license and for both you can download the sources, as required by the license. Not so for Boot Think! Why the person/persons behind Boot Think is not releasing the source code?

You only get a binary for the Bootloader itself and the installer. It comes from China. Anybody is knowing the person behind? This person puts a lot of effort into it, to make DVD booting possible and to provide a Mac-based and Windows-based installer. Why?

I don't know if Boot Think contains any malware, like a rootkit / keylogger / backdoor... or something like that. The installer runs with Administrator rights and the Bootloader can do/inject whatever he wants into the kernel, so for both it would be so easy to install anything, on the installation PC (Mac or Windows) and on the final OS X PC.

Just my thoughts.

Well said - stay away from the chicommies

I always looked at this Boot Think since version 2, but I don't know what I should think about it. It's based on Chameleon, which is Boot-132 based. Both Boot-132 from Apple and Chameleon are released under the Apple Opensource license and for both you can download the sources, as required by the license. Not so for Boot Think! Why the person/persons behind Boot Think is not releasing the source code?

You only get a binary for the Bootloader itself and the installer. It comes from China. Anybody is knowing the person behind? This person puts a lot of effort into it, to make DVD booting possible and to provide a Mac-based and Windows-based installer. Why?

I don't know if Boot Think contains any malware, like a rootkit / keylogger / backdoor... or something like that. The installer runs with Administrator rights and the Bootloader can do/inject whatever he wants into the kernel, so for both it would be so easy to install anything, on the installation PC (Mac or Windows) and on the final OS X PC.

Just my thoughts.

Indeed. But so far netkas hasn't mentioned anything negative about this boot-loader.

But I would like to know if this bootloader have anything that may effect my security.