Sign in to follow this  
guidorosso

Speedstep Issues

You need the two kexts for Ethernet. IONetworkingFamily & RealtekR1000SL. You shouldn't have to install any drivers on your OS partition.

Your UUID is not being detected "wrong" just differently. The new bootloaders use info from the mobo. Look around, you will find info on it. There is no need for that kext.

Yep, I read up on that. Apologies for the poor choice of words. Didn't mean to say it was being detected "wrong", I should have said that it's detecting a different UUID from what I've been using. As you probably know, the motherboard has two ethernet devices. I disabled one and have been using the other, so I suspect the new bootloader was automatically detecting my disabled one. Do you happen to know how to tell it to detect the other device?

Interesting about the kexts, hadn't seen those before. Will give them a try, thanks!

You need the two kexts for Ethernet. IONetworkingFamily & RealtekR1000SL. You shouldn't have to install any drivers on your OS partition.

Your UUID is not being detected "wrong" just differently. The new bootloaders use info from the mobo. Look around, you will find info on it. There is no need for that kext.

I can't seem to find a IONetworkingFamily kext for Snow Leopard. Tried uninstalling the driver and running with RealtekR1000SL but ethernet doesn't work at all now (64 bit and 32 bit). Do you have a link?

Thanks again for your help, appreciate it.

I can't seem to find a IONetworkingFamily kext for Snow Leopard. Tried uninstalling the driver and running with RealtekR1000SL but ethernet doesn't work at all now (64 bit and 32 bit). Do you have a link?

Thanks again for your help, appreciate it.

Try this one

I have the same mobo as you in my second machine. If you post the correct p-state values for your CPU, I will integrate them into a much cleaner DSDT file for you, and post it back up.

Hiya Knotty,

Long time no chat.... I have been busy with other "projects" and just getting back to the Chameleon stuff.

I still have not gotten this Speedstep stuff figured out... I tried to follow the InsaneleyMac tutorial linked somewhere on this thread, but without any luck. I get about 180 compile errors on my dsdt... Could I impose on you to help me with the edits? I did install the kext in SLE and ran PStateChanger... I am posting my results along with my dsdt.

Any help is immensely appreciated...

Thanks!

Sign in to follow this