• Donation Goals

Pay the bills

Thanks to everyone who has donated, all donations go right back into making the site better!

We used this to buy a better donation plugin so we will be able to set up donator rewards,  goals for new features and even premium support for that tosh that won't hack :)

Donate Now
Sign in to follow this  
guidorosso

Speedstep Issues

My dsdt is based on mm67's, so many thanks go to him. He maybe able to help with c-states, as his CPU is closer to yours.

You may need to add back in a few things based on your setup... let me know if something specific is not working (ie PATA etc)

Thanks again Knotty, everything is working fine here. I do not have any PATA drives. Sound work, network works... This is nice. Thanks again.

Thank you mm67. I am getting a compile error when replacing the CST package...

34: Package (0x04) {ResourceTemplate () {Register (FFixedHW, 1, 2, 0x010, 0x1,)},0x02,0x01,0x01F4}

Error 4095 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_PACKAGE, expecting ',' or '}' ^

I'm guessing that that compile error is from copying and pasting from the forum post. You could try retyping all of the special characters (, } ' " etc), or if that doesn't work, the whole thing. You might be able to c&p back and forth through text edit or something, but I'm not sure. What editor are you using? I'm using BBedit 100% now, as that DSDTSE program is buggy as hell.

Bingo,

there were commas missing at the end of the "package" top 3 lines... compiled with no problems.

Thanks!!

EDIT:

Wow my CPU temps are now down to 37 degrees!! Now I just wonder why the room feels so chilly....

Bingo,

there were commas missing at the end of the "package" top 3 lines... compiled with no problems.

Thanks!!

EDIT:

Wow my CPU temps are now down to 37 degrees!! Now I just wonder why the room feels so chilly....

Doh! I didn't even scroll that far over to notice the missing commas. Good catch.

Your new temps are consistent with what I get on my UD3P/Q6600. I thought you were cooking tamales in your case, so I didn't bring up the fact that your last reported temps were pretty dang high... ;)

My new i7 rig idles at about 30, but benches much higher than my Q6600, however... its also much louder. I'm going to get a silent fan with lower rpms, hopefully not adding too many degrees in the process.

Anyway, glad to help you get up to speed with things. Now, which bootloader are you using? I am using Chameleon RC5 pre-release 8, and it boots really fast. All its missing is Asere's memory-detect feature, but I'm hoping that will be added soon.

Doh! I didn't even scroll that far over to notice the missing commas. Good catch.

Anyway, glad to help you get up to speed with things. Now, which bootloader are you using? I am using Chameleon RC5 pre-release 8, and it boots really fast. All its missing is Asere's memory-detect feature, but I'm hoping that will be added soon.

I am using Asere's latest version. How fast does it boot? Is it faster to get to the bootloader, or is it faster from bootloader to desktop?

Now I keep reading all about the memory, and cpu detection... if this is purely for cosmetic reasons, I do not really care about that... I know what I have in my system. I do know about the Silverlight issue if CPU is not detected properly. But again, not a huge deal for me. I am not that much of a purist, but are there other reasons to get this stuff right?

Now I am all worried about another build I made for my boss :eek:... this is an i7 950... I did not implement the speedstep stuff! I think I could figure out how to get the P-States from the tutorial, and from what you gave me for my system. What is not clear is how mm67 determined the c-states..

I am using Asere's latest version. How fast does it boot? Is it faster to get to the bootloader, or is it faster from bootloader to desktop?

Now I keep reading all about the memory, and cpu detection... if this is purely for cosmetic reasons, I do not really care about that... I know what I have in my system. I do know about the Silverlight issue if CPU is not detected properly. But again, not a huge deal for me. I am not that much of a purist, but are there other reasons to get this stuff right?

Now I am all worried about another build I made for my boss :eek:... this is an i7 950... I did not implement the speedstep stuff! I think I could figure out how to get the P-States from the tutorial, and from what you gave me for my system. What is not clear is how mm67 determined the c-states..

Supported C-states for our CPU's can be found from these Intel datasheets: http://www.intel.com/design/processor/specupdt/318727.htm

The CST package is just a copy from my MSI P43 board's SSDT dump. If you need a working CST package for X58 board then I would use MacPro4,1 SSDT dump as an example.

Sign in to follow this