Sign in to follow this  
Njambris

Nvidia 9800 GTX+ issues

Question

Hy to all. I just joined this wonderful community ( my friend recommended this forum to me). I have Efi-X v 1.0, but I want to have Snow Leopard. :(

I have installed Snow Leopard using Empire Efi and I use Chameleon RC 4 for boot manager. I have one problem: every time I boot in Mac OS X , I get blue screen. :confused: Then I have to wait for my computer to go into sleep mode,after that Snow Leopard shows normally at my native resolution ( 1680 x 1050 ). Can anyone help with that issue? How to fix it?

My computer specifications:

Gigabyte EP45-DS3R

Intel q6600

XFX Nvidia 9800GTX +

6 GB 800 mhz DDR 2 Kingmax

Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks Skipper. I will let you know it if worked. You have given me awesome instructions. If I miss now... I will feel like a n00b. :D

Wow Skipper you are AMAZING. :) Everything worked like a charm. Now I have to ask you this: I want to put 2 additional kexts for me: one is for pci sound card CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext & other is IOATAFamily.kext to recognize my IDE HDD. I have put them in Chameleon - extra - extensions, but nothing happened. Do I need to do something else? I really need that IDE HDD. All my music is there. :(

If I fix those 2 things I will have 100% working Mac OSX Snow Leo on my PC... and that would be SOMETHING. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I forgot to mention: This is my first post from MAC OS X.

EDIT 2: Problem appeared. I have updated to Version 10.6.2 and now my OS X starts with a black screen... Then I have to wait for my computer to go into sleep mode,after that Snow Leopard shows normally at my native resolution ( 1680 x 1050 ). Hmmmm first time was blue ... now is black. How to fix that? :confused:

EDIT 2: Problem appeared. I have updated to Version 10.6.2 and now my OS X starts with a black screen... hen I have to wait for my computer to go into sleep mode,after that Snow Leopard shows normally at my native resolution ( 1680 x 1050 ). Hmmmm first time was blue ... now is black. How to fix that? :confused:

To fix video, first read my tutorial here:

http://www.efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=478

if that does not work, or you need more help, try this:

http://www.efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=709

I believe Asere's latest bootloader has the ability to add the NVCAP directly into your boot.plist.

Also, make sure you play around with the PCI, PEG and PEG2 entries on your bios. Try different options.

Well, my onboard sound works fine as yours should as well. But additional sound card? I don't use one. Same with IDE - I use SATA only. No experience there and with no HW to match yours - I am out of my depth.

Sorry!

@ Skipper

Thanks for your help. I will try something. I have both kext files for IDE HDD and that sound card. Without your help and USB stick configuration I couldn't done what I have now. Elmangomez has given few good tips & tricks too. I will try that tomorrow. Skipper & Elmangomez - you are the best... Don't worry I will have new questions tomorow ( if I get lost :D ) ... I will try not too. :)

I have fixed my graphic card problems in Mac OS X Snow Leopard with 2 simple things. :eek:

You know I wrote that my OS X goes black after booting, and then I had to wait for it to go into sleep mode ... after that everything was normal.

1. I have put my graphic card to PEG mode in BIOS

2. I switched my monitor to second DVI port on my GFX card.

Since then everything works as it should. :)

Now I only need to make my other sound card and IDE HDD to work. :D I hope to figure that out. :confused:

EDIT: If someone knows how to put 2 additional kext files so they boot from my USB/Chameleon extensions folder. Please let me know...