Sign in to follow this  
HansMeiser85

problem with installation

I am trying to get some help here because for 1 week now my accout at the forum is still not activated.

I have an Original 10.5.6 Leopard, a Gigabyte MB UD-5, and done all BIOS-Hints in preparation.

I am trying to install the OSX

When I can choose the DVD-Icon i have to wait 1 Minute, then EFI-X Bootmanager seems to finds MAC OSX

and the EFI-X- icon of MAC appears 1 second, but then the wohle system reboots!

Do you can help me ?

Unfortunately we are not able to help you. This board is mainly for the ex-EFI-X users. For Asem EFI-X dongle, there is an official EFI-X user board, where you can hope to get some help.

If you want us to help you with other means of installing OSX (like Chameleon on an USB stick) please update your signature with details of your equipment (you might take mine or any of the others as an example) so that we all know what you are looking for.

If your nickname is a real hint for what your first language is, now this:

Leider können wir nicht helfen. Wir hier sind Alle ex-EFI-X Benutzer. Die Hilfe bei der EFI-X Installation kannst Du in den offiziellen Asem EFI-X Foren erhoffen. Vielleicht nicht bekommen, aber...

Nicht desto trotz, falls Du eine alternative Möglichkeit suchst, dein OSX zu installieren (Chameleon USB Stick) dann bist Du hier richtig. Schreibe bitte Deine Systemdetails in Deine Signatur (z.B. so wie ich) und wir werden versuchen Dir zu helfen.

Ok, thank you very much !

Disappointment is big here ;)

Btw: My account in that official forum is not activated for over a week now.

MY SYSTEM: OSX Leopard 10.5.6, GA-EX58-UD5, 3x 2GB CORSAIR DDR-3 1600, Powercolor HD4670

will also add it in my signature

Timde to move away from ASEM/EFi-X permanently, and go with something that works -- which is what all here have done. See the Motherboard&CPU topic, and follow the EX58 thread, and you will learn a great deal.

I second that - it is very very gratifying to learn just a little bit and have a go - stick to one method to begin with and there is a lot here about the X58.

What you describe with Efi-x is totally typical of the way they treat their paying customers. I would cut your losses as the chameleon route means that you are in control , do it step by step and you will have a great deal of satisfaction. Most people find it is not nearly as difficult as they thought.

Initially we all thought that Efi-x was the easy way, but their USB dongles are not reliable and it is really almost impossible to have everything working as you would like as once you learn just a little bit you will realize how board/graphics differ from set up to set up. Efi-x is not and never has been a reliable alternative....

It is proven that Efi-x relies on what they can pick up from the community without giving any recognition to their source. You are really wasting your time even bothering and if you buy an Efi-x and cannot get support it just shows how you are really wasting your valuable time.

Hallelujah Chameleon, Hallelujah!!

My entire Efix disappointment is comparable to when I was a little boy and as a boy scout we would go camping, then late at night Mr. Wilhem, our scoutmaster would sneak into my tent and with his.... You get the picture....

btw I was never a boy scout and I do not intend any offense to the organization.

Sign in to follow this