Sign in to follow this  
RenanG

OS X 10.6 on AMD

Question

Hello,

I have been trying to install OS X on my desktop for at least 2 weeks, but so far no luck at all

This guide seems to be very complete (http://www.kexts.com/desktops/9746-guide-os-x-10-6-amd.html), but I am stucked.

I have downloaded the modCD from OSX86 ModCD 0.3.1. Burn it and booted my desktop with it. It presents me the screen:

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chameleon v2.0-RC4 r684

Build date: 2009-12-10 22:56:28

3580MB memory

VESA v3.0 16MB (ATI ATOMBIOS)

Press Enter to start up Darwin/x86 with no options, or you can:

Type -v and press Enter to start up with diagnostic messages

Type ? and press Enter to learn about advanced startup options

boot:

I then press 'Enter' and my screen goes blank and stays like that undefinetely. If I press 'Tab' it goes to the previous screen.

My desktop is:

Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H

Phenom II X4 945

4 GB RAM

Can someone help me?

Renan

Hello,

I have been trying to install OS X on my desktop for at least 2 weeks, but so far no luck at all

This guide seems to be very complete (http://www.kexts.com/desktops/9746-guide-os-x-10-6-amd.html), but I am stucked.

I have downloaded the modCD from OSX86 ModCD 0.3.1. Burn it and booted my desktop with it. It presents me the screen:

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chameleon v2.0-RC4 r684

Build date: 2009-12-10 22:56:28

3580MB memory

VESA v3.0 16MB (ATI ATOMBIOS)

Press Enter to start up Darwin/x86 with no options, or you can:

Type -v and press Enter to start up with diagnostic messages

Type ? and press Enter to learn about advanced startup options

boot:

I then press 'Enter' and my screen goes blank and stays like that undefinetely. If I press 'Tab' it goes to the previous screen.

My desktop is:

Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H

Phenom II X4 945

4 GB RAM

Can someone help me?

Renan

When you reach this screen type the keys below, respecting uppercase and lowercase letters and spaces...

cpus=1 maxmem=2048 arch=i386 -v

Then press ENTER...

And if you get any other error or freeze, take a picture of the screen and place here...

Hello,

I did as you told, but I got the same thing, nothing...only a blank screen.

Here is a video

showing what is happening.

Renan

Do you think I am getting a blank screen because I am using a USB-CD? If so, where can I get a boot image that works with usb-cd drive?

Renan

Edited by RenanG

Hello,

I did as you told, but I got the same thing, nothing...only a blank screen.

Here is a video

showing what is happening.

Renan

Ohhh!!!

Fala amiguinho!!

Você é brasileiro!!!! Que legal!!!!

Seguinte, naquela parte aonde você ve o cursor piscando escrito "Boot:" você deve digitar os flag`s abaixo exatamente como eu escrever, respeitendo sempre letras maiúsculas e minúsculas e somente aperte ENTER após escrever os comandos...

Se realmente você fez dessa forma e não funcionou, tente este BootCD > Nawcom OSX ModCD - Downloads - Kexts.com

Digo isso, porque no seu video você não colocou nenhum flag...

;)

[EDIT]

Mais uma coisa, eu não vi você substituindo o BootCD pelo DVD Retail do OS X...

Quando chegar naquela tela, você tem que ejetar o CD, colocar o DVD do Snow e apertar a tecla F5 para atualizar o

dispositivo...

Digite os flag`s e aperte ENTER...

Se caso você não fez isso porquê usava o Leitor USB para o BootCD e o interno para o DVD Retail, ignore o que eu disse...

;)

Ohhh!!!

Hey buddy!!

You`re from Brazil!!!! Cool!!!!

Well, on that part that you see the blinking cursor called "Boot:" you must write the flag`s below exactly as i write, always respecting upper and lowercases and only press ENTER after you write the flag`s...

If you really made like this, try this BootCD > Nawcom OSX ModCD - Downloads - Kexts.com

I tell that, because in your video, i can`t see you typing any flag...

;)

[EDIT]

One more thing, i did not see you replacing the BootCD for the Retail OS X DVD...

When you reach that point, you must eject the CD, place the Snow DVD and press F5 key to refresh the device...

Type the flag`s and press ENTER...

If you don`t do that because you are using the External USB Reader for the BootCD and the internal for the Retail DVD, forget what i said...

;)

Edited by kyndder

Hello Kyndder,

I manage to boot my computer with Nawcom OSX ModCD and then start OS X install DVD. I don't know why, but when I used my USB-DVD I couldn't see the installation DVD. So I changed to a IDE-DVD and now I am able to run OS X install DVD. Now I have a new problem :(. The installation process starts well, but at some point it hangs and start to show the message: Still waiting for root device.

Do you know what to do?

RenanG

Hello Kyndder,

I manage to boot my computer with Nawcom OSX ModCD and then start OS X install DVD. I don't know why, but when I used my USB-DVD I couldn't see the installation DVD. So I changed to a IDE-DVD and now I am able to run OS X install DVD. Now I have a new problem :(. The installation process starts well, but at some point it hangs and start to show the message: Still waiting for root device.

Do you know what to do?

RenanG

You already set in your BIOS SATA to AHCI ???

If you are using a IDE disk instead of SATA, maybe you will need to use another BootCD...

And if was a External Disk, try adding this flag > USBBusFix=Yes