Sign in to follow this  
ariksaja

Another method gain your "NVIDIA" QE/CI,Clean without inject , Tested in SL and LION!

Question

Hello Guys! I'm so happy and relieved that apparently i found a way to make my NVIDIA Graphics Cards works OOB I testing it using "Zotac NVIDIA 8400 GS 512 MB DDR3"

I already testing in Snow Leopard 10.6.8 , and also Lion 10.7 - 10.7.2

Below version i didn't test it yet.

preparation :

1.Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.x (bought from apple)

2.Official Combo Update 10.6.8 v.1.1

3.MB{censored}

4.iB{censored} note : you can find MB{censored} and iB{censored} from here

5.Nvidia update QUADRO MAC OS X DRIVER RELEASE 256 which u can direct download it here *TESTED*

optional : i still didn't try it, but if your card support NVIDIA CUDA 3.2 FOR MAC RELEASE, direct download it in here*NOT TESTED* You may post if you testing it and works, share with your friends and colleagues.

Steps:

1.Install Snow Leopard

2.SL 10.6.8 Official Combo Update 10.6.8 v.1.1 you may test it first by reboot, is your card known ? or ... go to step 3

3.Do not reboot, let it finish until he told you to restart, let it be and install MB{censored}. i like MB{censored} 4.0.x because i can boot snow leopard also lion , you may try another such as chameleon latest version .

4.Reboot , and voila... my Graphics card running without injecting, without EFI, without dsdt , and natively working!!! and of course, ALL PORT ARE WORKING including HDMI, you may try dual monitor to try it. i already tried and all working great.

here is preview in system profiler:

oobk.jpg

By arikstress at 2011-11-01

screenshot20111105at124.jpg

By arikstress at 2011-11-01

i was trying with injecting method, nvenabler, etc. but i never has like this smoothness. oh well better use original driver than using modified or hacked driver. less hack is better to make stability of the system.

want to know fun fact? based on : nvidia link

Supported Type for this driver is :

GeForce 300M series:

GT 330M, GT 320M

GeForce 200 series:

GTX 285 for MAC

GeForce 100 series:

GT 120

GeForce 9M series:

9400M

GeForce 8 series:

8800 GT

GeForce 8M series:

8800M GTS, 8800M GS

Quadro series:

4000 for Mac

Quadro FX series:

FX 5600, FX 4800 for MAC

If you had run perfectly on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 , then you shouldn't be problem upgrading and running LION 10.7 - 10.7.2 after you installed this official driver on your system. i personally testing it, without install and with installing this drive is so different. After upgrading to Lion, yup it will not work, but hey, you can see Apple Logo on start up just like when your card working. It will still detect your card name and id, but main dependencies next will not loading. Why? Because Lion driver is newest, and Don't worry, you just have to do this after your upgrade , even only upgrading from 10.7 - 10.7.1 , or so on.

*Copy your /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV*Hal.kext into your desktop

*Install it again with Kext Utility for Lion, and reboot. to make sure, boot and choose verbose mode ( -v ) and if you see NVDANV*Hal Loaded and Registered , voila, congratulations... you will have no trouble now and can use it freely without afraid being freeze :headbang: ;) :headbang:

Yup... my 8400GS is not listed. but yeah it's working. i think another card also supported, especially nvidia released at 2011

Come on Guys, testing and report it!

Edited by ariksaja

¿that is the way you ve got both the vga and DVi working at same time?

Yes...

For the VGA port i need to use a VGA to DVI adapter...

0072286835463_300X300.jpg

And also, i had to change on my BIOS the Primary Graphics Adapter for my second PCIe Slot (PEX4)...

But in your case, i think that by only adding your DeviceID to the kext can do the job...

Yes...

For the VGA port i need to use a VGA to DVI adapter...

0072286835463_300X300.jpg

And also, i had to change on my BIOS the Primary Graphics Adapter for my second PCIe Slot (PEX4)...

But in your case, i think that by only adding your DeviceID to the kext can do the job...

anyway, i curious, can we use triple monitor instead of dual on mac osx? hihihhi since nowadays we have hdmi, vga and dvi ports.. hihihi

anyway, i curious, can we use triple monitor instead of dual on mac osx? hihihhi since nowadays we have hdmi, vga and dvi ports.. hihihi

Yes...

:D

But remember that we are using Hackintosh`es and not real Macintosh`es...

There`s some limitations.... And sometimes could be a hard way to get both cards working on 10.6.8 and 10.7.X....

There`s no SLI or Crossfire in OS X, but we can have a NVidia and ATI card at same time without issues (Teoretically)....

Yes...

:D

But remember that we are using Hackintosh`es and not real Macintosh`es...

There`s some limitations.... And sometimes could be a hard way to get both cards working on 10.6.8 and 10.7.X....

There`s no SLI or Crossfire in OS X, but we can have a NVidia and ATI card at same time without issues (Teoretically)....

hahaha, anyway, now i just testing using my LG TV, and another LG monitor for pc.

i use dvi to vga connector for my LG monitor, and hdmi using for LG TV.

apparently, it's only supported dual monitor though, even if i plugged it all, only 2 display will shown, if i plugged off dvi , i can see hdmi tv connection working now. if i plugged in dvi again, tv will off and dvi will work. hahaha....

hahaha, anyway, now i just testing using my LG TV, and another LG monitor for pc.

i use dvi to vga connector for my LG monitor, and hdmi using for LG TV.

apparently, it's only supported dual monitor though, even if i plugged it all, only 2 display will shown, if i plugged off dvi , i can see hdmi tv connection working now. if i plugged in dvi again, tv will off and dvi will work. hahaha....

But you are doing this on the same card or 2 monitors on one card and + 1 on the other???

I don`t know if the 3 ports (VGA / DVI / HDMI) on the same card can work at same time... Maybe DVI and HDMI can share some resources and automatically disable one of them...

Also, the VGA port have`s lot of issues on OS X, because of that I have to use a VGA to DVI adapter...

And sometimes, only reinstalling the system using the adapter can solve all issues (I don`t know exactly why, but can confirm that can fix many issues)...

But you are doing this on the same card or 2 monitors on one card and + 1 on the other???

I don`t know if the 3 ports (VGA / DVI / HDMI) on the same card can work at same time... Maybe DVI and HDMI can share some resources and automatically disable one of them...

Also, the VGA port have`s lot of issues on OS X, because of that I have to use a VGA to DVI adapter...

And sometimes, only reinstalling the system using the adapter can solve all issues (I don`t know exactly why, but can confirm that can fix many issues)...

neither do i, i never know they can be work at the same time. hahaha. well its just testing .

hmm apparently, i use one card and all ports at the same time. i rarely use DVI port even if it's working or not. i like vga port because it's not make me too busy plugged another thing on cpu.. also i think using dvi converter is a little bit slow , it shows when powering up cpu. (i don't know if its because my old mb) hihihi

perhaps yup, something automatically blocking device to display, or maybe because i'm not using real DVI device, but actually VGA using DVI-VGA converter. theoretically, converter translating dvi output into vga output. that's why perhaps i can't use 3 monitor at the same time

Edited by ariksaja