Sign in to follow this  
ariksaja

Another method gain your "NVIDIA" QE/CI,Clean without inject , Tested in SL and LION!

Question

Hello Guys! I'm so happy and relieved that apparently i found a way to make my NVIDIA Graphics Cards works OOB I testing it using "Zotac NVIDIA 8400 GS 512 MB DDR3"

I already testing in Snow Leopard 10.6.8 , and also Lion 10.7 - 10.7.2

Below version i didn't test it yet.

preparation :

1.Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.x (bought from apple)

2.Official Combo Update 10.6.8 v.1.1

3.MB{censored}

4.iB{censored} note : you can find MB{censored} and iB{censored} from here

5.Nvidia update QUADRO MAC OS X DRIVER RELEASE 256 which u can direct download it here *TESTED*

optional : i still didn't try it, but if your card support NVIDIA CUDA 3.2 FOR MAC RELEASE, direct download it in here*NOT TESTED* You may post if you testing it and works, share with your friends and colleagues.

Steps:

1.Install Snow Leopard

2.SL 10.6.8 Official Combo Update 10.6.8 v.1.1 you may test it first by reboot, is your card known ? or ... go to step 3

3.Do not reboot, let it finish until he told you to restart, let it be and install MB{censored}. i like MB{censored} 4.0.x because i can boot snow leopard also lion , you may try another such as chameleon latest version .

4.Reboot , and voila... my Graphics card running without injecting, without EFI, without dsdt , and natively working!!! and of course, ALL PORT ARE WORKING including HDMI, you may try dual monitor to try it. i already tried and all working great.

here is preview in system profiler:

oobk.jpg

By arikstress at 2011-11-01

screenshot20111105at124.jpg

By arikstress at 2011-11-01

i was trying with injecting method, nvenabler, etc. but i never has like this smoothness. oh well better use original driver than using modified or hacked driver. less hack is better to make stability of the system.

want to know fun fact? based on : nvidia link

Supported Type for this driver is :

GeForce 300M series:

GT 330M, GT 320M

GeForce 200 series:

GTX 285 for MAC

GeForce 100 series:

GT 120

GeForce 9M series:

9400M

GeForce 8 series:

8800 GT

GeForce 8M series:

8800M GTS, 8800M GS

Quadro series:

4000 for Mac

Quadro FX series:

FX 5600, FX 4800 for MAC

If you had run perfectly on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 , then you shouldn't be problem upgrading and running LION 10.7 - 10.7.2 after you installed this official driver on your system. i personally testing it, without install and with installing this drive is so different. After upgrading to Lion, yup it will not work, but hey, you can see Apple Logo on start up just like when your card working. It will still detect your card name and id, but main dependencies next will not loading. Why? Because Lion driver is newest, and Don't worry, you just have to do this after your upgrade , even only upgrading from 10.7 - 10.7.1 , or so on.

*Copy your /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV*Hal.kext into your desktop

*Install it again with Kext Utility for Lion, and reboot. to make sure, boot and choose verbose mode ( -v ) and if you see NVDANV*Hal Loaded and Registered , voila, congratulations... you will have no trouble now and can use it freely without afraid being freeze :headbang: ;) :headbang:

Yup... my 8400GS is not listed. but yeah it's working. i think another card also supported, especially nvidia released at 2011

Come on Guys, testing and report it!

Edited by ariksaja

well, i run a fresh install, only with the DVI connector, no dsdt, no efi string, iAtkos l1 and the Graphic Enabler at chameleon.

No way for me to get the DVI port working: still having the black screen...nothing to watch...

But when a I unplug the DVI connector and restart with vga, every thing is good, the card detected as nvidia geforce 8600 gt out of the box.

I really hate my card, i´m sure its a hackintosh problem, cos in windows had no problem, so i can use the both port with no problem at all.

¿what can i do?

well, i run a fresh install, only with the DVI connector, no dsdt, no efi string, iAtkos l1 and the Graphic Enabler at chameleon.

No way for me to get the DVI port working: still having the black screen...nothing to watch...

But when a I unplug the DVI connector and restart with vga, every thing is good, the card detected as nvidia geforce 8600 gt out of the box.

I really hate my card, i´m sure its a hackintosh problem, cos in windows had no problem, so i can use the both port with no problem at all.

¿what can i do?

Try using EFI-String instead of GraphicsEnabler...

Use Chameleon Wizard, disable GraphicsEnabler and add the EFI-String for your card inside of this pack > EFI strings for many videocards - Downloads - OSx86.net

Save and reboot...

Use Chameleon Wizard, disable GraphicsEnabler and add the EFI-String for your card inside of this pack > EFI strings for many videocards - Downloads - OSx86.net

Save and reboot...

kyndder, have you ever try to make it work using NVIDIA Rom that we extract ? or are we suppose to be use that rom to generate EFI String? which means we can't use the rom that we extract directly without using EFI or GE?

¿what can i do?

you can try using retail mac osx dvd, not using iAtkos or another pirated macosx. i'm sure the result would be different, since it's use original driver. I'm not using pirated one,FYI

kyndder, have you ever try to make it work using NVIDIA Rom that we extract ? or are we suppose to be use that rom to generate EFI String? which means we can't use the rom that we extract directly without using EFI or GE?

Even using that ROM we will need to use GraphicsEnabler or EFI-String to enable video acelertion...

Save and reboot...

did it.

The EFI String inside the pack, (the one for my card, i mean geforce 8600 gt 512) didn,t load...

But if I use the one generated by EFI Studio, I´vegot the correctr resolution with Q/CI enabled.

Obviouslly, no posibility at all to connect the DVI port: same result: blank screen, reboot needed...

I don´t want to give up, so La puta madre!

But i´m now on the way to run an original fresh install and try.

By the way, this is what i see at the PCI cards, Is it same as your?

GeForce 8600 GT:

Name: NVDA,Display-B

Type: Display Controller

Driver Installed: Yes

MSI: Yes

Bus: PCI

Slot: Slot-1

Vendor ID: 0x10de

Device ID: 0x0401

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1682

Subsystem ID: 0x0010

ROM Revision: 60.84.43.00.81

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Link Width: x16

Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

Just wanna know if we really share the same geforce card...