Sign in to follow this  
nino9008

Hackintosh Help! OS X 10.7.2-10.4.6 install on my Asus K52F. No boot!

Question

Hey guys,

I've been trying pretty desperately the last couple of days to dual boot my Asus K52F with Win7 and OSX. So far I've failed with Lion and Snow Leopard, so I figured I'd skip a level down and attempt Tiger. I obtained an ISO version of 10.4.6, burned it to a dvd and using the most current version of iB{censored}, I Booted the new dvd (labeled Mac OSX x86 Install in iB{censored}). It attempts for a few seconds, but than loads the message "You must restart your computer... blahblahblah". Behind it, the error log reads:

Panic (cpu 0 caller 0x563ebd) unable to find driver for this platform:\"ACPI\".\n"@ /SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.2/iokit/kernel/ioplatformexpert.cpp:1387

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel 10.8.0

My computer's stats is asfollows:

Intel Pentium CPU P6100 @ 2.0 GHz

8 GB RAM

current OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Motherboard: ASUSTek K52F 1.0

Bridge: Havendale/Clarkdale. SouthBridge: Intel HM55

CPU socket: socket 989 rPGA

Am I missing something or is this a complete lost cause. Any help at all is appreciated.

Help!? Installing Tiger10.4.6 on Asus K52F. Boot Error

3 answers to this question

Thanks man, I'll give it a shot. My goal is to get it onto my toshiba n505 nb500 netbook. I have a retail copy of snow leopard but it ddidn't seem to work.

Thanks man, I'll give it a shot. My goal is to get it onto my toshiba n505 nb500 netbook. I have a retail copy of snow leopard but it ddidn't seem to work.

Use the guide as base, install the system and if you still having troubles just ask here...