Sign in to follow this  
sammy

Ati Radeon 4650 HD sapphire for Lion ( 10.7 )

Question

I am trying a lot of kext but without success, am I alone with this graphic card? I am tired to use snow leopard... I mean I know this graphic card works very well on 10.6, but I want the 10.7 ati 4650 kext, I tried ati 4xxx kext, and many other kext, but did not work.

HELP!

5 answers to this question

I am trying a lot of kext but without success, am I alone with this graphic card? I am tired to use snow leopard... I mean I know this graphic card works very well on 10.6, but I want the 10.7 ati 4650 kext, I tried ati 4xxx kext, and many other kext, but did not work.

HELP!

No.. Ati HD 4650 work well on Snow Leopard or Lion.

If you use Lion, the trick to make your card work.. is only add ATi HD 4650 device id into 4600kext in /S/L/E.

This is my video, i dont used Sapphire, but use Power Color. but theres no problem about brand, because both card used same graphic chipset (4650).

Hope this can help you.

Sorry for my bad english.. :P

Thank you, I will try this your solution as soon as I can, no problem for your english, I am italian so I know how hard it is, but I can understand you well. I will post here my feed about this solution.

Thank you, I will try this your solution as soon as I can, no problem for your english, I am italian so I know how hard it is, but I can understand you well. I will post here my feed about this solution.

Oh... sorry for missing advice, also add your ATiHD4650 device id into ATi X2000 kext too..

after adding devid completed, you can run disk utility or MyFix to repair permission file. and then reboot your pc.

And if you can see your menu bar transparant, congrats.. you luck..!

I'll wait the result. :eagerness:

Oh... sorry for missing advice, also add your ATiHD4650 device id into ATi X2000 kext too..

after adding devid completed, you can run disk utility or MyFix to repair permission file. and then reboot your pc.

And if you can see your menu bar transparant, congrats.. you luck..!

I'll wait the result. :eagerness:

can you post a guid how to do it step by step if you have time i been trying for 3 weeks can get it to work

ATI HD 4650

i see in system info it tells me its a ati device id 0x9498

my email cajunsniper@hotmail.com

thanks you in advance

ps do you know whats the best system setting for a intel 980x 3.33ghz i selected mac pro 5,1 but it doesn't run fast

I've made a simple video guide a few day ago.. its very basic to guide you to add your ATi HD4650 Device id into kext.

hope, this basic video can helps ur problems. it's only for Lion, I have never tried on a snow leopard with this trick.

actually, you can also find many similar tutorials in this forum

Kext & Device id by kyndder

About SMBios also by kyndder

Good luck..!

I've made a simple video guide a few day ago.. its very basic to guide you to add your ATi HD4650 Device id into kext.

hope, this basic video can helps ur problems. it's only for Lion, I have never tried on a snow leopard with this trick.

actually, you can also find many similar tutorials in this forum

Kext & Device id by kyndder

About SMBios also by kyndder

Good luck..!

thanks alot that worked