Sign in to follow this  
hexes

Help with MSI GT740 notebook and iATKOS L2

Question

Good day to you all,

First of thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I need help with a MSI GT740 laptop with the ATI 5870 vga.

I want to install iATKOS L2 and just can?t get it working.

Tried lots of boot flags and and and but I can?t get it to boot into the installer at all.

If anyone has any Ideas please share all your input is appreciated and I?m grateful for any help.

As a side note I can install iATKOS S3 v2 with success using the boot flag ?-v busratio=12?

Just an added thing, I now iATKOS booting up to [ PCI configuration begin ] but that?s where it stops.

Thanks all.

Just an added thing, I now iATKOS booting up to [ PCI configuration begin ] but that?s where it stops.

Edited by hexes

thank for the reply noname, I have gone round the form and tried a lot of flags. I gave the npci=0x2000 a bash and left the system for 20min at the PCI configuration begin ] screan but no luck there.

I tackled OSx 10.6.3 and upgraded to 10.6.8 with the help of MB{censored} and had a hell of a time on the GT740 because the realtek ALC888 sound chip made the system also stop at [ PCI configuration begin ] when rebooting after 10.6.8 upgrade.

To get 10.6.8 running I installed 10.6.3 with no audio drivers and also in the upgrade left the system without audio drivers and OSx 10.6.8 booted and I looked at the 10.6.8 desktop for the first time.

Can that be the cause of the [ PCI configuration begin ] on the iATKOS L2 installation boot up ? and is there a workaround for that audio chip if it is the culprit ?

I don't think that audio drivers are causing this. It's graphics problem. Try with npci=0x3000

Or, GraphicsEnabler=No.

Edited by noname

Thanks once again for the reply and suggestions noname.

I gave the following a bash as boot flags :

1: -v npci=0x3000

2: -v npci=0x2000

3: -v GraphicsEnabler=No

4: -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

5: -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000

But no luck. I also downloaded the iATKOS L2 img file again from another source and burnd 2 dvd copies just to be 100% sure the disk I'm using is ok.

Is there any other flags I can try in this situation ?