Sign in to follow this  

Question

Hi,

I need your advice to choose a bootloader for my dual boot (win7 and Lion) hackintosh.

Should I go for iAtkos or chamaleon 2.1?

Based on my list of componens which one would you recommend?

I'm also concern about the graphic card. I could follow the above thread but no one states the "GTX 560 TI 448 Cores" edition works.

http://www.osx86.net/view/1567-gtx_560_ti_for_lion_10.7_gm.html

I will apreciate all the support you can give.

Thx,

Marta

Edited by Marta Reis

Hi,

I need your advice to choose a bootloader for my dual boot (win7 and Lion) hackintosh.

Should I go for iAtkos or chamaleon 2.1?

Based on my list of componens which one would you recommend?

iAtkos also uses Chamaleon as boot loader...

So you need to use Chameleon... Use this installer > http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2848&act=down&actionhash=1341370817-e7e09fe1d6815457bc2be8d7ca755d916ba26d64&multiple=Mjg0OC1DaGFtZWxlb24tcmV2LjIwMDEucGtnLnppcA==

I'm also concern about the graphic card. I could follow the above thread but no one states the "GTX 560 TI 448 Cores" edition works.

http://www.osx86.net/view/1567-gtx_560_ti_for_lion_10.7_gm.html

I will apreciate all the support you can give.

Thx,

Marta

Yes, you can try this method... Probably will work...

That's why no one was answering :(

I'm trying to get documented about the process, reading all I can but it will take me a while until I feel comfortable with it.

To many mobos, bootloaders, dsdt... WOW!!! For a newbie it can became hard to understand all that without some help.

I'm not doing a hackintosh for fun or because I want to adventure my self on this world. It's a matter of necessity!

I have a job that I can only accept if I succeed with the hackintosh once I need Final Cut Pro to work on the project.

So... I'm just praying to go trough all the obstacles and errors I might have and I do expect a few of them.

:D Thanks a lot for your help,

Marta

You`ll be able to have a fully working Hackintosh with this machine...

But I recommend, instead of use iAtkos, make your own installer using myHack (if you have access to a working Hack or a real Mac) > myHack | Taking the iFail out of iHack

And any help you need, even if you think that`s a noob question, you can ask here and we`ll help you...

;)

Ok, lets see if I understood your guide. You should consider making a little video ;)

I use the macbook to Run the myHack application. Choose " Create OS X 10.7 Install Disk", then I select the usb flash drive I have connected. I locate lion installer trough browser.

When I press OK the only data that will be erased is the one on the usb flash drive, right? Just to be sure.

you may now reboot, select the device that contains the myHack OS X Install Disk at your bios boot prompt, and boot to your installer

...here is where I can't follow you.

I guess you mean I should be booting from the installer on the computer I want to hack. Am I right? The macbook was just to build the installer. I just want to confirm it.

I was also looking for some information about a dual boot installation using myHack. I couldn't find it on http://myhack.sojugarden.com/. Any tip?

Edited by Marta Reis

Ok, lets see if I understood your guide. You should consider making a little video ;)

I use the macbook to Run the myHack application. Choose " Create OS X 10.7 Install Disk", then I select the usb flash drive I have connected. I locate lion installer trough browser.

Right...

When I press OK the only data that will be erased is the one on the usb flash drive, right?

Yes...

you may now reboot, select the device that contains the myHack OS X Install Disk at your bios boot prompt, and boot to your installer

...here is where I can't follow you.

I guess you mean I should be booting from the installer on the computer I want to hack. Am I right?

Yes...

I was suppose to use the macbook just to build the installer.

Yes... don`t need to be worried... There`s no problem if you use your Macbook just to create your installer...

PS: Just for record, this is not "my" installer, unfortunately I`m not a Developer...

myHack was build by Conti and others Developers > myHack | Taking the iFail out of iHack