Sign in to follow this  
goobyjr9

Hp dv6-7000

Question

Booting into verbose leaves be at what the attached image shows

Using cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No or just graphicsenabler=no goes to the apple logo then tells me to reboot

PCIRootUID=0/1 tells me an error with my Nvidia graphics(630m)

post-277029-137746146125_thumb.jpg

Edited by goobyjr9

Do you know if we will be able to install it beside windows?

This should be possible. You will need to partition the drive and I recommend having your recovery also on DVDs. What should happen is that the boot loader that we install will over right the windows boot loader. Otherwise (what I'm going to do) get a DVD bay caddy and install Mac on a drive in that caddy. If you then want 1 drive in your laptop install windows on the drive in the caddy and but that in the main bay. Then you don't risk messing up the recovery and the working windows if you need to use that while you are busy. The install sometimes formats other partitions swell that's why I am getting a caddy.

So guys, the hard drive recognition problem I was having was resolved with this, previously mentioned but now buried:

http://www.osx86.net/guides-tutorials/19064-guide-getting-osx-installer-recognize-your-hard-drive.html

And here is the kext editor:

Kext Wizard - Easy to use Kext Installer and more - New Releases and Updates - InsanelyMac Forum

It's just a standard 100 GB Hitachi (out of a Macbook 07 actually I believe).

Only able to boot the installer with these flags: -v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

I have the DV6-7014nr with the i7-3610QM, it has the 2GB model and it's been giving me issues with the graphics subsystem.

Hey AJ, I have a question. You said something about having to specify the PCI location if you have the 650m w/ 1 GB VRAM? I installed os x successfully but without GraphicsEnabler=No, it stops at this line in verbose mode when I attempt to boot with the lines cpus=1:

nVidia GeForce GT 650M 0MB NVe7 [10de:0fd1] :: PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

I haven't done anything really, like patching kexts or anything. I'm not sure where to go with it. I probably need to patch the DSDT. Unfortunately the BIOS ver. is F.22...

UPDATE: It boots in safe mode with flag -x.

UPDATE2: It let me set stuff up but once I logged in, it crashed. 2x now. I don't think it will boot into the desktop because as soon as I type in the password and hit enter, it freezes.

UPDATE3: Since I'm hung up here, I might as well post my specs.

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC CTO Entertainment Laptop

Product NumbeR: A5F74AV

Proc. Type: Core i7-3610QM CPU @2.30 GHz

8 GB RAM

Bios ver: F.22, Insyde

GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Fingerprint reader

720p display

backlit keyboard

beats audio w/ sub

9 cell battery.

Wifi card (this guy): HP MULTI UNIT WLAN CARD Ralink Ripple3 RT5390F_802.11 b/g/n 1x1 PCIe HMC

http://www.ftgparts.com/Store/WIRELESS-LAN-CARDS/670691-001

Blu-ray reader.

100 GB Hitachi *right now, usually a 1 TB*

Edited by montag

@montag I think I remember reading that with nVidia cards you will always have GraphicsEnabler=No, but correct me if I'm wrong. At the moment I cannot test stuff myself needed to format the drive and am now busy with getting the first install. If you get everything working like Aj almost has I think that with a DSDT you should be able to boot into safe mode, go to power management and turn off graphics switching and then turn install the nvidia driver, or install and then turn of the graphics switching. I haven't tested this but i think it should work. As soon as i get the install on my pc up and running I'll check this out. I'm hoping Aj can post his tutorial soon as this would help all of us allot. He has done allot of great work and we should all be very happy and great full.

UPDATE: try PCIRootUID=0, mine won't do anything without this flag