Sign in to follow this  
goobyjr9

Hp dv6-7000

Question

Booting into verbose leaves be at what the attached image shows

Using cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No or just graphicsenabler=no goes to the apple logo then tells me to reboot

PCIRootUID=0/1 tells me an error with my Nvidia graphics(630m)

post-277029-137746146125_thumb.jpg

Edited by goobyjr9

Well I'll be doing some work on it when I get back from Barbados as I need some hardware which should have arrived at my house by now. I think Aj is very busy with it as he hasn't been on the forum for a while and was busy with finishing his tutorial. Sadly i don't have contact with him but I'm sure he is doing a wonderful job. I'll be back sunday at noon so I'l play with it then.

Also on a completely unrelated note, I happened to pull the HDD caddy out of the pro book I have that goes into the second drive bay (where the disc drive usually goes) and I tried putting a drive with windows on it into the caddy and inserting it into the side of the computer, but it can't seem to find it upon boot, and I can't select it in the boot menu (there isn't even a drive option). Also, the USB I created with the OS X installer can't find it either. I have tried rearranging the boot order and that didn't help. It's like the BIOS doesn't support booting from the caddy. Is anyone else having this problem? When I swap out the HDD in the caddy with the drive with OS X installed on it, it can't find it either.

UPDATE: Just kidding guys. Apparently the drive bay was much deeper than I thought, and the caddy kept getting caught on what I thought was the sata connector but turned out to be something else, so it was never actually connected even though it felt like it. Something you guys should note is it may take more force and wiggling the caddy to get it to slide in. Interestingly, Windows 7 had no problem booting from the 2nd drive in the caddy and didn't complain at all, and OS X still crashes at the same spot and gets just as far as it did before, so hopefully booting from both the caddy and the main drive will be possible with either OS, just for future reference. Good news I guess for those who don't already know.

On a side note, right before OS X crashes past login with the flags christ1111 gave me, it will sometimes show the desktop wallpaper, and other times it will just stall, but it always clones the mouse cursor (like when I move it away, there are now two, one before login, and one after, and I can still remove the latest one until the entire system freezes). This makes me think it is definitely some graphics issue.

Edited by montag

Ok, so I am alive. Ijust had to put this on the back burner because school and work got in the way. As for progress I'm still working on this and I'm not sure if it can be done. The problem lies in how OSX handles graphics switching. It actually trns the hardware on and off. Optimus only turns on the nvidia card when it is needed and pushes the grahics to the displays through the intl HD 4000.

This can probably be done on OSX through a driver. I can see apple switching to it maybe in the next year or so.

As a note if we ever gain access to the advanced portion of the bios and we can disable the intel HD or nvidia, the system will be 100% working. Until then or until apple gets their shit together we're SOL unless im missng something.

Always looking for an answer

AJ

School and work are way more important. That is good.

Can't we somehow force OS X to ignore the nvidia GPU until this switching is figured out, and just use Intel 4000 graphics? If you could get me a DSDT or explain how to get my system bootable, I might be able to help..

I realize the ASUS G74SX probably doesn't have optimus, but if it can be done there I don't see why we couldn't get it to work with just the Intel 4000 gpu.

The Best Hackintosh Laptops of 2012 - For Mountain Lion

Also, might be worth starting a petition with HP for this in the next bios release. I think the company Insyde is responsible for the bios firmware.

Edited by montag

Ok I spoke to HP tech allot lately (yesterday because my intern HDD broke :) ) And they said they will be adding a feature to fix the gpu in the BIOS. They dont know when but they will. If you get inside OSX you can turn the HD4000 off by going to power management and turn off the switching, i think this should work but I can't try it at the moment as I am getting stuck on weird spots and need some hardware to fix this. If turning off the switching in OSX doesn't work there is software that does this to so i also want to give that a try. If all is lost I am kind of looking into BIOS modding, I don't want to and shouldn't as when I look into stuff I start trying and then if this goes wrong I'm screwed. I am also king of looking into writing drivers, but as I am not a developer the chances of this working are small. Thats why I am hoping that just turning off the switching in OSX or with 3rd party software works (it really should). @Aj, if you could try this that would be awesome as you have the best working system and are ahead of us. Do not give up hope :)

Has anyone here had any success with iAtkos ML2? I got it installed successfully once. But I could not get back in after I rebooted and I have not been able to since. Does anyone know which combination of settings to select in customization that are best for a HP DV6t 7000 Quad Edition? My spec as far as I can tell are identical to the original post. I will post them again for anyone that does not feel like going back to the first page.

3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3 GHz

Intel HM77 Express Chipset

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (1GB DDR Dedicated RAM)

Bluray player/burner

3x USB 3.0 "SuperSpeed"/ 1x USB 2.0/HDMI/VGA/RJ45 Eithernet Port/Headphone-Out (Stereo)/Microphone-In

Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards & Multimedia cards

HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated Dual Array Digital Microphone (High Definition Low-Light)

4x Beats Audio? Internal speakers; Beats Audio? Audio playback; HP Triple Bass Reflex with Subwoofer

Synaptics TouchPad with on/off button and support for multitouch gestures

Full-sized Island-style Backlit Keyboard with Numberpad

Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Intel 802.11b/g/n Wireless with Bluetooth