Sign in to follow this  
goobyjr9

Hp dv6-7000

Question

Booting into verbose leaves be at what the attached image shows

Using cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No or just graphicsenabler=no goes to the apple logo then tells me to reboot

PCIRootUID=0/1 tells me an error with my Nvidia graphics(630m)

post-277029-137746146125_thumb.jpg

Edited by goobyjr9

@RocketSledder77 I myself haven't tried iAtkos as I would rather use U{censored}. Aj tried it but without succes so I don't think it will work all to well.

Also apple just released the 10.8.3 beta. All I know at the moment is that is has amd 7xxx graphics but I hope they have some changes that will help us.

Update: Ok so i finally made some progress. I finally got to the desktop background and it froze. I think this is because of safe mode as I had the same problem trying to install in safe mode. Now it is hanging at IOBluetoothhcicontroller start completed. So it has something to do with the graphics. I am trying to fix this and will then post an update.

Great UPDATE: Ok so I was right. It was hanging on the desktop picture because of safe mode. What I did was delete the 4 GeForce kexts. Then I used the flags: cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 -v. Forgot to say I also installed these 2 kexts. http://www.osx86.net/view/16-nullcpupowermanagement_32--64-bit.html and the FakeSMC http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1643

Update: I can now boot without safe mode and cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID-0 as said above. I am having some trouble with chimera and chameleon as they wont accept my boot flags for some reason (not going to bother with it now as I can boot with U{censored}). I think the next step is making/patching the DSDT. I am trying to do this at the moment but without succes, any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Edited by david105396

I am going to try this right now and see if I can get as far as you man. I don't know much about DSDTs but if I can get it to boot, at least we will be on the same page.

UPDATE: I can boot with David's method into non safemode using the same flags. Pretty cool. I'm going to try to work on the DSDT now and research that. It is interesting to note that according to sysinfo my cpu is running at 1.2 GHz and is an i7.

UPDATE2: If I click launchpad, it crashes. I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that the thing has graphical acceleration disabled. b

Edited by montag

I'm trying to follow this guide:

How to make your own DSDT with DSDT Editor

And I can't find the board patch.. I am assuming we will have to do this manually. There are a crap ton of Gigabyte board DSDT patches.. I know now why they are so supported...

olarila.com ? User Control Panel ? Login

Attached is my extracted DSDT.

Also I installed chameleon locally on the drive that boots and I can't get it to boot like david without the U{censored} flash drive. Not sure why either.

Lastly, I saw this article:

http://www.{censored}.com/289-apple-s-new-mac-minis-have-ivy-bridge-mobile-cpus.html

If the Mac Mini runs the 3615QM and obviously recognizes it, is there a way to somehow take the way that OS X identifies our processors as a 3610QM? The only difference between the two is the Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency which is 1.1 for the 10 and 1.2 for the 15. The sockets and the packet sizes are different as well as Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) Yes on one and Intel® Trusted Execution Technology No and vise versa on the other one. I feel like that might be enough for someone to hunt down and jack the kext/dsdt and whatever is needed to fully recognize our chip. Here are the ARK links:

http://ark.intel.com/products/64899/Intel-Core-i7-3610QM-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_30-GHz

http://ark.intel.com/products/64900/Intel-Core-i7-3615QM-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_30-GHz

UPDATE:

I think I did one better. If you search "3610QM macbook pro" in google, you can see that some of the retina models had the same processor we do. Shouldn't that help us recognize our cpus somehow?

dsdthpi7.zip

Edited by montag

Goods work. If I could get chameleon or chimera to work we can edit the smbios (very easy with chameleon wizard). You will see that macbook pro 9.1 has a 3xxxqm processor like ours so that should work for us. I still don't know why chameleon or chimera don't work, it should be fixed if we don't need the flags. It would be nicer though if we could get it working so we can set the smbios. I have the feeling that when we have the DSDT, it will work otherwise we will have to first sort the rest of the problems and then the smbios.

Edit: I think we may be able to use the "SMBIOS=" boot flag. I will be testing this in a moment. Need to reinstall because my hard drive failed.

Edited by david105396

@montag When you go to about this mac without changing the smbios what does it say?

Also we will need a patched DSDT before we will get any further i think. As the smbios is not enough for osx to recognize our cpu (some mac pro has the 3610QM aswell so it is native). I have never patched a DSDT myself but I am trying otherwise I will see if I can get the patches from somewhere else.