Sign in to follow this  
goobyjr9

Hp dv6-7000

Question

Booting into verbose leaves be at what the attached image shows

Using cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No or just graphicsenabler=no goes to the apple logo then tells me to reboot

PCIRootUID=0/1 tells me an error with my Nvidia graphics(630m)

post-277029-137746146125_thumb.jpg

Edited by goobyjr9

David,

First off I want to say that you are awesome man. I tried to get OSX running on this thing when I first got it but gave up. I currently have OSX running as a VM in VMWare. But I would still prefer to have an actual install that can use all 4 CPU cores and the graphics capabilities of the laptop - and here you are working hard at trying to figure out how to do this for us all, many thanks to you.

I do have a question though. As mentioned previously in this thread the Laptop does not seem to allow disk recognition on the internal drive ports. I found this to be a problem when I initially tried to install OSX on my machine - I got it to install on an external HDD, although would only boot into safety mode, but when I put the HDD inside the laptop it was no longer recognized. I see that you are using an external HDD to install as well. So my question is will I have to use an external HDD for OSX or do you know if this will also work with an internal drive?

David,

First off I want to say that you are awesome man. I tried to get OSX running on this thing when I first got it but gave up. I currently have OSX running as a VM in VMWare. But I would still prefer to have an actual install that can use all 4 CPU cores and the graphics capabilities of the laptop - and here you are working hard at trying to figure out how to do this for us all, many thanks to you.

I do have a question though. As mentioned previously in this thread the Laptop does not seem to allow disk recognition on the internal drive ports. I found this to be a problem when I initially tried to install OSX on my machine - I got it to install on an external HDD, although would only boot into safety mode, but when I put the HDD inside the laptop it was no longer recognized. I see that you are using an external HDD to install as well. So my question is will I have to use an external HDD for OSX or do you know if this will also work with an internal drive?

First of all thanks, I am trying my best to get this to work. First to install on an external drive you will not be able to boot to safe mode. It will hang/freeze/kp and such. You will have to mount the drive to the vm and then delete the 4 GeForce kexts, After that you can do many things :). We will only be able to get the HD4000 working according to lots of people, but I am hoping to get the nvidia card working too (note very small chance though). As for the internal drive you can try this as montag has posted earlier:http://www.osx86.net/guides-tutorials/19064-guide-getting-osx-installer-recognize-your-hard-drive.html. I was having some problems with it a while back but I am not sure if that was just me doing something wrong. If you get it installed on your internal drive you will still have to delete the 4 GeForce kexts. Tell me how it works out for you, if this doesn't solve your problem say so and I'll check for another solution.

David

So David,

Again, awesome with the progress on this. I just got back from South Padre and re-carboned copied my 10.8.2 install. I followed your guide and now I have a working system with HD4000 graphics and 4 cores, although it appears to be running at 3.09 GHz and not 2.3. It boots with no flags now (thanks!). Only thing I didn't do was follow iGabriel's directions with the lapic fix starting at #6, I did the five before that and followed your directions in the tut for rebuilding the kernel:

6- rebiuilding the system cache

*Move ll kexts from /extra/extensions/ to system/library/extensions/ i used kext wizard

*add this to org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>yes</string>

*in terminal do the following

sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions

sudo touch /system/library/extensions

I am not sure what he means by the 11 kexts from /extra because I only have three files in my /Extra folder and no extensions folder. No KPs so far. I am trying to take it easy on it in the hopes that it wont KP (knock on wood). After a few days of testing I'll try to get the audio working. Also, I threw in my Wifi card from my Probook and it didn't get the wifi working off the bat. Not sure what I have to do to get it working... probably using a dsdt would help or there was some tweak in the probook installer package that got it working...

So far, so good. Even if we don't get the Nvidia card working, we have come quite a long way. This build is still much faster than the aging Probook build, and it is simply a better system all around. I hope it will be stable enough to replace it maybe one day, or at least add it to the Best Hackintosh Laptops of 2013.

Apparently the keyboard backlight works, as does the camera, on a side note.

Edited by montag

Yep I also have no kexts in /Extra. Because of some personal things that need to be sorted (nothing to worry about) the next while I will not have a lot of time to work on this. But when I have time I definantly will. I do have a DSDT that is made for our system but it was giving me KP. I am first going to try different orders of adding the DSDT (before or after HD400 and before or after lapic fix etc). I hope that the DSDT will work otherwise I will have to fix that. Next the SSDT and powermanagment I know what I want to try which I think will work but I haven't had time to try it yet.

Here is a complete list of the things that need fixing:

USB 3.0 ports are only 3.0 and USB 2.0 are only 2.0 compatible (hope to fix this with DSDT)

ethernet (is fixable with DSDT but if a kext is easier so be it)

multi touch (not sure if it is just me or if more people have no multi touch)

Brightness control on the keyboard (maybe a keyboard layout?)

battery status and info (probably kext)

speedstep and proper Ghz speed (speedstep for sure SSDT, proper speed I also hope to fix with SSDT, otherwise maybe DSDT)

powermanagment (I think the fix is as simple as just running a script, otherwise I will have to find a diffirent way)

These problem don't seem to be very difficult to fix, mainly just finding and trying kexts. The more people try kexts the faster we will get this system fully working, so any help is great. If anybody wants to already try and make an ssdt and speedstep again this will only speed up the process. As far as I see it now, we can get it to fully work with an SSDT and some kexts, but ofcourse solving the problems with a DSDT is better so we can update and upgrade easier, again the more people work on this the faster it will go. This is actually my first hackintosh build ever and I have never really looked into it, so if I can do it without any experience so can you guys, so keep trying and don't give up :).

Anyway I should probably go to my french reading test now :)

Keep trying and don't give up. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

David

Ok so audio is giving me problems again. I am going to leave it for what it is at the moment and fix it later on.

Is it causing a kernel panic or just not working?