Sign in to follow this  
goobyjr9

Hp dv6-7000

Question

Booting into verbose leaves be at what the attached image shows

Using cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No or just graphicsenabler=no goes to the apple logo then tells me to reboot

PCIRootUID=0/1 tells me an error with my Nvidia graphics(630m)

post-277029-137746146125_thumb.jpg

Edited by goobyjr9

Excellent :) let's hope it doesnt take much.

i wont be abe to help much right now but in two weeks when im back in uni ill have fast internet and access to a mac to help you guys out.

Also i read through the tutorial you posted and it says you need a mac to remove the geforce kexts, now to anyone without access to a mac and (for whatever reason) don't want to install a VM of mac would it not be possible for them to boot back into the installer after installing osx on their Hard drive and removing those kexts using the terminal? (obviously not a big deal, just thought id mention it)

Yeah it would be possible to boot into the installer and then remove them with the terminal, good idea. It is a bit harder for people than using a VM but I'll add it when I have a little time. Good idea man. Hope this works out good for you. Soon I will get working on the last problems.

I have an iAtkos version of Moutain Lion 10.8.2. Does it work? Because the problem is I can't get to the installation due to error: "still waiting for root device" (cause by the SATA mode setting in BIOS. I think). I can't change SATA mode to AHCI (HP locked my BIOS and set this mode to IDE by default). Is there any solution for this? I have read the topic but can't find anyone have the same issue.

I have an iAtkos version of Moutain Lion 10.8.2. Does it work? Because the problem is I can't get to the installation due to error: "still waiting for root device" (cause by the SATA mode setting in BIOS. I think). I can't change SATA mode to AHCI (HP locked my BIOS and set this mode to IDE by default). Is there any solution for this? I have read the topic but can't find anyone have the same issue.

hey man, sorry for the late response. Glad to see that you have joined the forum. iAtkos isn't going to be for us. It is a system with as many drivers and mods as possible so you will get allot of junk with it. Also it will not work for our system. The best thing you can do is buy a 8gb usb stick :). If you have that there should not be anything holding you back, and you should get a working system.

Now just a little personal note, sorry that I haven't been here allot the last while, I have been very busy and still am but I am doing my best to get this working as soon as possible. I have noticed that you will get the best results if you work on it for an entire day (of course this is hard to do with other things) as you then get in this phase that it will and must work :). Also you can't forget what you already did and tried and what you think might work. Anyways I am very sorry and I hope to have this system up and running as soon as possible because I need it for my work. The bigger "problems" I will work on as much as possible but here is where all of you come in. Allot of the problems can be solved with simple kexts, so any of you have some time please go out and try new kexts and post your results with links to the kexts. Do this with both working and non working kexts so nobody does double work. I really appreciate all of your help and all of the people trying to make this work.

David

I think i remember you saying you had bought a wireless card a while back and was wondering which one you had bought?

in the meantime im just waiting for my ssd and hard drive caddy to arrive so i can start helping

I think i remember you saying you had bought a wireless card a while back and was wondering which one you had bought?

in the meantime im just waiting for my ssd and hard drive caddy to arrive so i can start helping

Yes I ordered a wireless card 2 months ago and it still didn't come, just like my caddy. I should probably contact some people about that soon. The card I ordered is the broadcom BCM94322HM8L, this card should be native and working out of the box. Great that you will be helping us as is will only make things go faster. PM me once you get things working, then I'll send you my latest ideas and problem and such. Again great that you are going to help.

David