Sign in to follow this  
goobyjr9

Hp dv6-7000

Question

Booting into verbose leaves be at what the attached image shows

Using cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No or just graphicsenabler=no goes to the apple logo then tells me to reboot

PCIRootUID=0/1 tells me an error with my Nvidia graphics(630m)

post-277029-137746146125_thumb.jpg

Edited by goobyjr9

I am working on the DSDT (and trying to patch) as this *should* fix the ethernet and USB issues (it has for me in the past). However, a caveat of this is that everyone will need to make their own (it's not tooo difficult) as it is specific to the bios (HP curse you) and graphics cards.

However, I think we might be ok if we are disabling the nvidia cards (since optimus WONT work on these laptops). Currently I am backing up my OS (windows 8, yes I have a start menu, haven't seen teh start screen for 3 months (since install).) and then I'll be trying to install OSX 10.8.3 (lets aim high here).

WIth the LAPIC (spell?) does imessage/ichat/facetime/whatever work?

Thanks,

AJ

The lapic will fix the cpus=1 for sure, but iMessage seems to be something with the registration and serial codes, iMessage is fixen in the new Chameleon, chimera and clover bootloaders, so with one of those it should work, without it wont.

Ok, thats good to hear. Im having some issues with 10.8.3 not seeing my hdd's. working on fixing this and im getting close but i might be doing something wrong.

I am also extracting my dsdt today and i will be seeing how much that fixes. In addition, has anyone tried the applehda for idt thats posted here?

i want to buy a laptop that i can hackintosh on i found a HP pavilion g6 here is its specs

Barcode (GTIN)887758185919

Product TypeLaptops

BrandHP

ModelD5F56PA

Perfect ForEveryday

ColourWhite

Processor

Processor BrandIntel

Processor TypeCore i3

Processor Model3120M

Processor Speed (GHz)2.50

Memory

Installed RAM4GB

RAM Configuration1 x 4GB

RAM Expandable To (GB)8

RAM TypeDDR3

Cache Memory Size (M)3

Disk Drives

Hard Drive Size500GB

Hard Drive TypeSATA

Hard Drive Speed (RPM)5400

Digital Media Cards ReaderMMC, SD Memory Card, SDHC, SDXC

Optical Drive TypeDVD Super Multi

Optical Drive Speed8 x

Optical Drive FormatDual Layer Support, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW

Screen

Screen Size15.6"

Screen TypeLED LCD

Screen DefinitionHigh Definition

Screen Resolution1366 x 768

Graphics & Video Support

Graphics Card BrandIntel

Graphics Card TypeHD Graphics 4000

Graphics Card Memory TypeShared

Audio

MicrophoneIntegrated

SpeakersAltec Lansing Speakers

Networking & Internet

Wireless NetworkingIEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n

NetworkingEthernet 10/100

Power

Battery TypeLithium Ion

Connections and Expansion

Audio PortsHeadphone Jack, Microphone Jack

USB Ports2

Video PortsHDMI, VGA

Software

Operating SystemWindows 8

Dimensions

Product Width (cm)37.6

Product Depth (cm)24.4

Product Height (cm)3.6

Manufacturers Warranty

Manufacturers Express Warranty (months)12

will it work to put mountain lion on it?

It should, keyword being should. Therewll probably be an issue with it and detecting the hdd, if i (or smeone) can find the kexts for it i will sendthem to you.

I am working on the DSDT (and trying to patch) as this *should* fix the ethernet and USB issues (it has for me in the past). However, a caveat of this is that everyone will need to make their own (it's not tooo difficult) as it is specific to the bios (HP curse you) and graphics cards.

However, I think we might be ok if we are disabling the nvidia cards (since optimus WONT work on these laptops). Currently I am backing up my OS (windows 8, yes I have a start menu, haven't seen teh start screen for 3 months (since install).) and then I'll be trying to install OSX 10.8.3 (lets aim high here).

WIth the LAPIC (spell?) does imessage/ichat/facetime/whatever work?

Thanks,

AJ

Indeed we might have to make our own anyway, but maybe we should all consider updating to the latest bios for simplicity. I think it's F.23 if I'm not mistaken. I haven't noted any changes or problems with it since I updated from my older one. I guess that's up to the user, though personally I don't see something not working between bios revisions.

Also AJ, it's good to have you back. I'm sorry about what happened--I had an ex gf go through a similar circumstance...it was rough. For the record, I can boot with zero flags and so far, zero KPs. I used david's guide. I wasn't able to boot 10.8.3 after a clean install (which installed without issues, but couldn't boot), however you might have better luck.

Edited by montag