Sign in to follow this  
goobyjr9

Hp dv6-7000

Question

Booting into verbose leaves be at what the attached image shows

Using cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No or just graphicsenabler=no goes to the apple logo then tells me to reboot

PCIRootUID=0/1 tells me an error with my Nvidia graphics(630m)

post-277029-137746146125_thumb.jpg

Edited by goobyjr9

Hello Friends, it's my first post! I read all the 23 pages and started to work on my hackintosh project. I have a HP DV6-7014nr and i'm having a few problems, but i'm slowly solving it.

I created a bootle USB drive with U{censored} 1.5.2 (had to add the modified-for-RAID kext to recognize my 1Tb Hard Drive in the DVD Caddy) and installed it using -v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No arguments.

After the installation i'm trying my first boot, but after I choose the drive where i installed ML i'm getting stucked at a white screen with apple logo, a spinning wheel and a loading bars that is stucked around 30%. I can't go further. I have tryed all this arguments

GraphicsEnabler=No –x -f

GraphicsEnabler=No -v

cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No –x

cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No –x –f

cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No –f

cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No –x –f –v

cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No –v

cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 –x –f –v

cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 –x –f

Cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 –x –F

cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 –x –f –v

cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 –x –f

cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 –f

cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 –x

cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0

cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 -v

but no luck yet. Can someone help me out! Thanks!

My configuration:

nvidia geforce gt 650m 2gb

8gb ddr3

750gb primary HDD

1tb secondary HDD Caddy

Did anyone else have a freeze at login issue?

Yes, I did. Once I deleted the geforce kexts and set up the SMBios, I think that was what fixed it.

@gsavoldi Did you try deleting the geforce kexts and setting up the SMBios like in David's guide? Also, what is the last line you see when you have the verbose (-v) flag? Like what does it freeze on? That way we might be able to figure out where it's hanging at. Also, is your display full HD? That might have something to do with it, since mine is 720p or 1366x768.

Edited by montag

It probably is the GeForce kexts, also I recommend using the latest version of U{censored} for mountain lion, I believe it is 1.7.0. If you have the full HD screen you just need to set your graphics mode to 1920x1080. And like montag said if you could tell us what the last line is you see in verbrose mode that would help allot.

Just on my personal update today and tomorrow are holidays and I will be busy and attending some parties but after then I will get up to date and update the guide with all the new kexts peoplehave found.

@david missed him asking for that, certainly will do probably wed. I had to reinstall windows to work on term papers and such. However I've hit a bit of a snag and want to warn people.

DO NOT APPLY BIOS F.24, make sure that if you do update it is F.26 at the minimum. F.24 causes a BUNCH of issues that are fixed in F.26. Also, do not install lojack for windows OR mac on this laptop unless you are at F.26. There is a known issue that will literally (going through it right now) brick your laptop and force you to recover it using a bucket list of shady methods.

Currently I am re-installing windows (had to format my osx drive :( ) then updating, then wed. I'll remake my osx drive (luckily I have the VM on a second HDD (I have two in the laptop) so restoring the drive is easy.

Just wanted to warn you guys about this. Unfortunately I had to update my bios which means remaking my DSDT (I had made it and was testing some different patches). However, this shouldn't be too much of a setback as I keep good backups.

It probably is the GeForce kexts, also I recommend using the latest version of U{censored} for mountain lion, I believe it is 1.7.0. If you have the full HD screen you just need to set your graphics mode to 1920x1080. And like montag said if you could tell us what the last line is you see in verbrose mode that would help allot.

Just on my personal update today and tomorrow are holidays and I will be busy and attending some parties but after then I will get up to date and update the guide with all the new kexts peoplehave found.

David, I`m fallowing your instructions. I donwloaded Moutain Lion again at app store and just made a new USB bootable drive using U{censored} 1.7.0. Let`s see if it works now. The last time i was not able to create the USB bootable drive with 1.7.0 beacuse it failed all the time, but now that i downloaded the app again, U{censored} worked perfectly!

I`m goin to try to reinstall ML and i`ll let you know how was it! Brb

@gsavoldi Did you try deleting the geforce kexts and setting up the SMBios like in David's guide? Also, what is the last line you see when you have the verbose (-v) flag? Like what does it freeze on? That way we might be able to figure out where it's hanging at. Also, is your display full HD? That might have something to do with it, since mine is 720p or 1366x768.

I haven`t tryed to delete geforce kexts or setting up the SMBios. Where can i find the instructions on how to delete geforce kexts and Davids Guide? yes, my display is full hd, any idea? I was not able to take pictures from the the verbose screen, but if i`m not wrong it says "unable to ... domain var/db/" something like that. i`ll take pictures after i charge my camera! Thanks for the support

Edited by gsavoldi

this may work...

roll back to the original BIOS that came with the dv7t-7000 by powering off the laptop, holding down the windows key + B key while powering the laptop on.

@david missed him asking for that, certainly will do probably wed. I had to reinstall windows to work on term papers and such. However I've hit a bit of a snag and want to warn people.

DO NOT APPLY BIOS F.24, make sure that if you do update it is F.26 at the minimum. F.24 causes a BUNCH of issues that are fixed in F.26. Also, do not install lojack for windows OR mac on this laptop unless you are at F.26. There is a known issue that will literally (going through it right now) brick your laptop and force you to recover it using a bucket list of shady methods.

Currently I am re-installing windows (had to format my osx drive :( ) then updating, then wed. I'll remake my osx drive (luckily I have the VM on a second HDD (I have two in the laptop) so restoring the drive is easy.

Just wanted to warn you guys about this. Unfortunately I had to update my bios which means remaking my DSDT (I had made it and was testing some different patches). However, this shouldn't be too much of a setback as I keep good backups.