Sign in to follow this  
goobyjr9

Hp dv6-7000

Question

Booting into verbose leaves be at what the attached image shows

Using cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No or just graphicsenabler=no goes to the apple logo then tells me to reboot

PCIRootUID=0/1 tells me an error with my Nvidia graphics(630m)

post-277029-137746146125_thumb.jpg

Edited by goobyjr9

I can't see my internal hard disk too. someone know how to fix?

i have a hp dv6-7031tx 3610qm gt630m..i cloned my factory windows 7 installed hdd to a new velox v60 120gb ssd and swapped out factory internal hdd..

no matter what i did the lapptop would not boot from this ssd....after trying every trick i knew i was about to give up..

but success came...i removed the internal dvd drive,put the ssd into a caddy adapter,slid it into the dvd bay,

at boot hit f9 to choose boot options ,choose this drive, voila it booted up into the cloned windows 7..

and my what a speed difference the ssd has over the hitachi 5400 640gb factory hdd

for some reason maybe becuase its on a different sata channel it works,the hp insyde bios may not be fully compatible

with some brands of ssd drives..

i still havnt got ML running yet but am working on it...:encouragement:

Thanks a lot for your time, i didnt know about that page, that guide is awesome. i was trying a method using U{censored} for creating a bootable usb with mac lion that i have officialy downloaded from appstore, I boot whit it, for my laptop model dv7t-7000 i needed to add "cpus=1" and GraphicsEnabler=No to run the installer sucessfully, but when I need to choose the drive to install it it only shows the usb from I were booting from. I would like to know if i can correct that problem to install Mountalion Lion by this metoth or you recommend me to follow the guide usisng chameleon? Thanks!!!!

I forgot to mention that I have windows 7 installed and an empty partition without a letter assigned. In disk managment it shows like RAW PARTITION thanks

I have the same problem! :( did you find a solution?

I as yet don't have a solution. I don't have that problem. But my understanding is that those with that problem are using ssd's and I did read somewhere that there may be an issue re: some ssd's and compatibility. If ssd is indeed the case, then i'd recommend trying the same process with a standard drive, and if that works then .... trawl the net for a solution.

That's as much as I can help (or not) i'm afraid.

I as yet don't have a solution. I don't have that problem. But my understanding is that those with that problem are using ssd's and I did read somewhere that there may be an issue re: some ssd's and compatibility. If ssd is indeed the case, then i'd recommend trying the same process with a standard drive, and if that works then .... trawl the net for a solution.

I'm using a HDD with a windows 7 partition and a blank NTFS partition that i want to install osx on.

Thanks for trying anyway

I'm using the same configuration as yours except for the following changes :

1. Primary HDD : 180 GB Intel 520 Series SSD

2. Secondary HDD (DVD Bay) : 640GB 5200rpm

I plan on running both Windows and ML from the SSD. What will be the minimum partition size required for ML? Will 40GB suffice?

And how did you flash the BIOS? can i know what were the exact files you used as i have the same configuration.

Thanks.

Hello Redchip, yes 40gb will be ok for ml partition, i think that ml takes something like 16gb so yes, 40 will work.

As for flashing the bios. Go here. All the files i got are from here

Whitelist Removal for HP Pavilion dv6 6b56eg

That's the actual thread and i'm the one leaving the long comments !!!!!

BTW in my experience you can't actually brick this pc unless you say interrupt a bios flashing in mid flow. For peace of mind I would have the battery in as well, say over 50% charged. All the details for flashing the bios are on or around this thread (on this site) you'll have to sign up but it's free. note I had to buy a new wifi card as the intel one on the machine is not supported in osx.

hope that's of help to you. :)