Sign in to follow this  
goobyjr9

Hp dv6-7000

Question

Booting into verbose leaves be at what the attached image shows

Using cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No or just graphicsenabler=no goes to the apple logo then tells me to reboot

PCIRootUID=0/1 tells me an error with my Nvidia graphics(630m)

post-277029-137746146125_thumb.jpg

Edited by goobyjr9

Yes the audio works with VooDooHDA, but it could be better. I am thinking of making a custom patch for our audio so the subwoofer also works. I don't know if and when I will do this but until that time VooDooHDA will work.

Have you been able to get your wifi card working yet? If the VooDooHDA doesn't cause KPs, I'll install tonight.

The guide that I made, which will give you the tested and working system until now. http://www.osx86.net/notebooks/21947-guide-hp-dv6-7000-a.html

You will not be able to get the GeForce working until HP brings out their new BIOS which gives us the option to turn off one of the graphics cards. But since we don't know when they will do this we will have to settle with the HD4000. The guide will tell you how to get that working. But you will need to delete the 4 GeForce kexts otherwise nothing will work.

David

Which are the 4 GeForce Kexts exactly, i`m not sure about it! Thanks

Have you been able to get your wifi card working yet? If the VooDooHDA doesn't cause KPs, I'll install tonight.

The VooDooHDA from MB{censored} (latest version, not the "special"one) will work without KP. The WiFi card that I ordered and after a long wait finally got took nothing to set up, just put it in and it works in OS X and in windows 8, no need to install driver.

Which are the 4 GeForce Kexts exactly, i`m not sure about it! Thanks

When you go to the drive that you installed OS X on, go to System/Library/Extensions. Then go to the G and you should see 4 kexts that start with GeForce, these are the drivers for our card but because it doesn't work but it does sort of see a nvidia card these kexts cause KP. So System/Library/Extensions and the go to the G and you will find the 4 kexts starting with GeForce that need to be deleted.

Edited by david105396

The VooDooHDA from MB{censored} (latest version, not the "special"one) will work without KP. The WiFi card that I ordered and after a long wait finally got took nothing to set up, just put it in and it works in OS X and in windows 8, no need to install driver.

When you go to the drive that you installed OS X on, go to System/Library/Extensions. Then go to the G and you should see 4 kexts that start with GeForce, these are the drivers for our card but because it doesn't work but it does sort of see a nvidia card these kexts cause KP. So System/Library/Extensions and the go to the G and you will find the 4 kexts starting with GeForce that need to be deleted.

Thanks for the quick reply ... I haven`t delete it yet because now i`m able to boot from hard drive using GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 -x -f .. At the moment I sucessfully installed 10.8.0 and update to 10.8.3 .. I have only installed SMCfake.kext, a realtekEthernet.kext from the last MB{censored} version. After i update i was not able to boot "still waiting for root device", so i had to install the fallowing kexts with Wizard Kext from another ML partition. StillWaitingForRootDeviceKextsFix

What is working:

Keyboard

mouse

ethernet

usb 2.0 port

and i guess intel HD4000 is working too (right?)

What is not working:

audio (what is the kext installed exaclty?)

wireless (may you share what wireless card you bought? does bluetooth works too?)

graphic card (as i can see, it will never work)

Now i`ll try to work on a way to be able to boot without any arguments... i`ll keep my work update.

Edited by gsavoldi

Ok good work, HD4000 though is not working in your setup and you shouldn't need to boot with "x" which is safe mode. To get HD4000 working you need to copy the device key that I put in the guide and paste it in org.chameleon.Boot. After this you only need to boot with cpus=1-v. To solve cpus=1 download a lapic kernel for your os x version, put it in /Extra, and use chameleonwizard to say use kernel and use kernel cache. After this all you need is -v to boot.

Ok good work, HD4000 though is not working in your setup and you shouldn't need to boot with "x" which is safe mode. To get HD4000 working you need to copy the device key that I put in the guide and paste it in org.chameleon.Boot. After this you only need to boot with cpus=1-v. To solve cpus=1 download a lapic kernel for your os x version, put it in /Extra, and use chameleonwizard to say use kernel and use kernel cache. After this all you need is -v to boot.

@David - I fallowed your instructions and now i can boot without graphicsenabler=no -f and cpus=1 but i still need -x ... I'm trying to solve it, i thinks its a problem with a modified kext that i had to use to identify my harddrive during the installation (appleAHCIport.kext). I'm try to re-install the original kext and see if it works without -x.

Another question: What's the wireless card you bought (brand-model)? did you get your wireless and bluetooth working with it?

Thanks for the support

update -- I still can`t boot without -x .. here is the verbose screenshot .. let`s see if you can help! post-577873-137746160574_thumb.jpg

Edited by gsavoldi