Sign in to follow this  
goobyjr9

Hp dv6-7000

Question

Booting into verbose leaves be at what the attached image shows

Using cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No or just graphicsenabler=no goes to the apple logo then tells me to reboot

PCIRootUID=0/1 tells me an error with my Nvidia graphics(630m)

post-277029-137746146125_thumb.jpg

Edited by goobyjr9

Folks,

I've read this thread through and I'm a little confused. From all the reading I've done, I can't seem to find anyone who has been able to get their hard drive to show up in the installer with the modified AppleAHCIPort.kext or without when installing 10.8.3.

I've got my installer built for this dv6t-7000 and I've applied the modified and unmodified kexts. The unmodified kext will allow me to boot into the installer but then doesn't show my hard drive. The modified kext crashes with a kernel panic and it looks like it specifically references the hardware that kext is addressing.

Does anyone have instructions on how to get the 10.8.3 installer to recognize the hard drive?

Folks,

I've read this thread through and I'm a little confused. From all the reading I've done, I can't seem to find anyone who has been able to get their hard drive to show up in the installer with the modified AppleAHCIPort.kext or without when installing 10.8.3.

I've got my installer built for this dv6t-7000 and I've applied the modified and unmodified kexts. The unmodified kext will allow me to boot into the installer but then doesn't show my hard drive. The modified kext crashes with a kernel panic and it looks like it specifically references the hardware that kext is addressing.

Does anyone have instructions on how to get the 10.8.3 installer to recognize the hard drive?

Sorry man I am not installing it in the internal hdd so I don't know which kexts will work and which ones won't, but others probably have some answers for you as they are installing on the internal hdd.

So i just though id post an update to where i am with my hackintosh,

Im running 10.8.2

swapped my wireless card with the one from my friends laptop (so now im using the atheros ARB593) and osx supports it natively

sleep is partially working

im running it on my internal HDD

updating past 10.8.2 wont allow me to boot, i get still waiting for root device (so i need an AHCIPort kext patched for 10.8.3/10.8.4 because the one for 10.8.2 wont work)

i cant get imessage/facetime to work

Little update on my part. The last while I haven't had time to work on this and I am sorry. I don't see myself having a whole lot time very soon but if people need help with anything or need a second opinion please post it or send me a message. I am hoping that the DSDT that we need will be made soon as this is what we need most for the system. Because I need this system for my work and I found that it isn't stable enough without the DSDT I will most likely be building a desktop hackintosh (or a rMBP but this ver overpriced :) ). When I have more time again I will try a little more on our machine.