Sign in to follow this  
jimmyco2008

Installer not detecting hard drive or SSD........

Question

Hey all,

I finally got my flash drive to get me to the installer screen for OSX 10.8, however it is not detecting either my SATA HDD or SSD.

We're talking about an m6-1045 HP laptop (Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge, H77 SouthBridge, 8GB RAM) with a single SATA port for the hard drive. The BIOS is extremely limited because HP is a dick of a company that way, and so there are no settings for SATA as far as RAID, AHCI and IDE go.

I am using a myHack-made flash drive, and I can run OSX in a Virtual Machine to modify the contents, including stuff in Extra, lib, etc, you know.

Can I either boot with a flag or overwrite a driver, perhaps to make RAID or IDE mode work with OSX? I hear those exist, but maybe I need an HP-specific IOFamily.kext (is that what it's called?)

Just as well, where do I put kexts? Like let's say I have a kext for the WiFi/Bluetooth card, do I put that...I think it's somewhere in Extra?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by jimmyco2008

myhack gives you an extra/extension folder, and all kext you need it is there. :)

now try to boot whit flag

GraphicsEnabler=yes -f -v

GraphicsEnabler=No

EHCIacquire=Yes

GraphicsEnabler=yes

npci=0x3000

npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1

npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -f

npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 -v -x

-v npci=0x2000 USBBusFix=Yes

Edited by christ1111