Sign in to follow this  
plgrimsley

iCloud & iMessage error on MSI Neo2 FR: This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud a

Question

I too have a problem with my MSI P35 Neo2 FR, and Nvidia G210 1gb. "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account."

I installed using U{censored}, then MB{censored} for ML, Easybeast, stock RTL8**** kext and no DSDT. Then Chameleon 2.1svn with NPCI=0x2000. PCIroot=0 works, =1 doesnt.

I have updated to r2063 with Chameleon Wizzard and added a SMBios.plist to match my processor. And of course added a new serial number. Networking plist shows builtin ethernet <true> and EN0.

The system updates to 10.8.2 works wonderfully. I can log into Apple Store and iTunes but i just cant log into iCloud, or imessage. I havent tried Facetime as I dont use a cam.

I got a black screen when I added the hex for the ethernet into device properties. Initially, I used a Pentium Dual core and thought it might be a SMBios mismatch, but now I'm using a real C2D @ 2.13ghz, about this mac reports its properties correctly.

This isnt my first mackintosh, I have lion 10.7.4 running on an Inspiron 1525, and a P31-DS3L also on 10.7.4, all apple cloud functionality runs well on both other machines after serial number change and everything else I have tried on this build!!

Please help!! I really need iMessage and iCloud, and Photo Stream won't work!!!

Anyone???????

try this;)

booted into lion installation and copied library/preferences/systemconfiguration /networkinterfaces.plist to desktop. booted into ML and copied that file to overwrite the one in ML - rebooted and you log into icloud.:encouragement:

Thank you, I don't have Lion installed on this machine but it will be worth it if it works!

I did a fresh install on ML only up until now. I'll throw in another disk and let you know.

ok good luck:)

I've been stuck unable to install Lion on this machine, despite many efforts, I get errors with every try (launch... error). ML was a doddle to install apart from iCloud. Do you know of any other work arounds that I have yet to try?

I'm in real need of iCloud services.

To recap, App Store is working, iCloud & iMessages aren't. I'm using the standard RTL8*** Kext, although I have tried the LNX2MAC kext. My network plist reports EN0 and Built In True.

Can't add the hex string to smbios as get a black screen. End of my tether.

Mighr using a PCI or PCI-e ethernet adapter work if I configured it EN0? And which one should I try???????

HEEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!

P.S. Thanks for all the suggestions to date.

Checked out your link, and confirm I have tried everything listed. Still no access to iCloud.

I installed a pci ethernet card a RTL8139D added the plugin required and turned off the onboard rtl8169. Ethernet now works on the pci card. I was able to add the hex string to smbios.plist with this card, without it causing a blackscreen. I thought this might be the missing link.

network.plist shows built in true and EN0.

iTunes match works, Appstore works. iCloud and iMessages still dont.

Still havent been able to install lion on this mashine to try your earlier suggestion. :-(

Sign in to follow this