Sign in to follow this  
jimmyco2008

[GUIDE] Getting OSX Installer to recognize your hard drive!

Wish I could add to the title that this probably only works for Intel Panther Point chipsets!

All that work, only to find an absence of hard drive in the OSX installer!

This may be because your (probably laptop's) SATA mode is RAID and not AHCI. On many HP (probably other newer) laptops, the SATA mode is RAID. I'm not really sure why, but it makes our lives more difficult. And of course you cannot change this in the BIOS.

NOTE: You may *think* you're in AHCI mode, if only because you just bought your laptop, but it could be RAID. We can safely rule out IDE mode if your laptop has Ivy Bridge, not sure about earlier Core setups but I imagine the same goes for at least Sandy Bridge. You also may have used one of the various methods of verifying AHCI mode as enabled through Windows. I got that too.

My setup is an HP m6-1045dx with Ivy Bridge i5 and Panther Point (H77 - Series 7) chipset. I'm seeing a pattern with the Panther Points being RAID mode, so this just might be your fix.

You need Kext Wizard, a computer running OSX (even if it's a Virtual Machine) and your U{censored} or myHack USB flash drive.

Download the modified-for-RAID kext here and extract the zip. Note that the zip includes the modified and unmodified kext "AppleAHCIport", use the modified one.

Select that modified kext and install it to System/Libraries/Extensions on your USB flash drive with Kext Wizard.

Now try that installation again!

Edited by jimmyco2008

Not working for me...when used modified...got stuck on system uptime screen....also tried

-v cpus=1 -x -f PCIRootUID=1

but still same ...stuck on system uptime screen

when used original kext.....hardisk not getting detected/showing on installation screen

lapi configs are

HP-DV6-7010tx

i7-3610qm

6gb ram

2gb nvidia 630 m

Not working for me...when used modified...got stuck on system uptime screen....also tried

-v cpus=1 -x -f PCIRootUID=1

but still same ...stuck on system uptime screen

when used original kext.....hardisk not getting detected/showing on installation screen

lapi configs are

HP-DV6-7010tx

i7-3610qm

6gb ram

2gb nvidia 630 m

Did you ever get it to work? I've got the exact same error.

Running -v -x cpus=1 Busratio=20 GraphicsEnabler=No

HP-DV6-7014nr

i7

8gb RAM

26b NVIDIA 650M