Sign in to follow this  
jimmyco2008

[GUIDE] Getting OSX Installer to recognize your hard drive!

Sorry guys, I kind of moved to InsanelyMac, I check this rarely.

But I'm here now! You guys need to be more specific, the "system uptime screen" is a kernel panic (common for Hackintoshes), and can be caused by almost anything. The AppleAHCIPort.kext is a relatively innocent little kext, I wouldn't think to blame it... But post a screenshot of the screen with "system uptime in nanoseconds", I can tell you what is causing the kernel panic.

As for not working on 10.8.3.... My guide for the m6-1045dx and this kext only goes to 10.8.2, I sold the damn thing, because HP computers suck (eh, haters gonna hate), and then 10.8.3 came out... So... What do you mean by it not working, does the installation not work with 10.8.3, or is the hard drive not being detected after the update to 10.8.3?

If you updated to 10.8.3, keep in mind it may overwrite the AppleAHCIPort.kext with Apple's stock one, which we all know does not work. So try, and this is why I had *two* installations of ML on my hackintosh, booting into a separate OS X environment, access the primary one with the 10.8.3 update, and copy the modified AppleAHCIPort.kext back to it. Remember that it goes in S/L/E and you use Kext Wizard to apply it properly.

Edited by jimmyco2008

I am in the same boat, this modified kext doesn't works for 10.8.3. You'll just get the "Still waiting for root device". Someone need to modify AppleAHCIPort.kext again, for 10.8.3 release.

I am in the same boat, this modified kext doesn't works for 10.8.3. You'll just get the "Still waiting for root device". Someone need to modify AppleAHCIPort.kext again, for 10.8.3 release.

Try removing the usb and plugging it in to usb 2.0...