kyndder

[GUIDE] Clover EFI Bootloader

I'm with a Pulmonary Infection...

The past week was really hard, but Thank God, I'm recovering now...

Hope you're getting better and better :apple:

hello there..i have been trying to install clover......i have windows always booting.....clover entry is not seen in bios menu........my hard disk is gpt ,with windows on it..uefi boot is enabled in bios..my computer is dell xps 15 z ...what am i doing wrong..help.

hello there..i have been trying to install clover......i have windows always booting.....clover entry is not seen in bios menu........my hard disk is gpt ,with windows on it..uefi boot is enabled in bios..my computer is dell xps 15 z ...what am i doing wrong..help.

Hi iosassi,

I didn't get you...

For your AsRock G31 M-S there's no UEFI BIOS, so, no UEFI boot only Legacy boot...

For the Dell XPS 15 may be due to lots of things, and the mandatory thing on this is, to always use an USB Stick with MBR Partition Scheme and FAT32 formatted to set-up Clover...

After you get this USB Stick, follow one of dmazar's recommendations to troubleshoot your UEFI boot > http://www.osx86.net/guides-tutorials/19291-guide-clover-efi-bootloader-9.html#post126793

And if you still having issues, just ask here again...

Hi, Kyndder!

It appears Clover r. 1287 is having some grudges with my custom SSDT: it won't load it no matter if i place it in the root of my HDD or in /Clover/ACPI/Patched. Tried set the flags "DropOemSSDT=Yes" and GenerateC and P states to "No", to no avail. Now i got PM with a messy Ivy Bridge PM workaround developed by xpamamadeus, since GenerateIvyStates also doesn't work as it should, and i'm getting five P-States (should be 7, that's what i get with gool ol'Cham + custom SSDT).

Is there a way to make my custom SSDT be loaded by Clover?

Another issue: since i updated to r. 1287, i cannot anymore boot in legacy mode: the "7" appears, but it never gets to the boot screen. Is there a fix for this?

Much appreciated!

P.S.: wich you a smooth recovery!

Hi, Kyndder!

It appears Clover r. 1287 is having some grudges with my custom SSDT: it won't load it no matter if i place it in the root of my HDD or in /Clover/ACPI/Patched. Tried set the flags "DropOemSSDT=Yes" and GenerateC and P states to "No", to no avail. Now i got PM with a messy Ivy Bridge PM workaround developed by xpamamadeus, since GenerateIvyStates also doesn't work as it should, and i'm getting five P-States (should be 7, that's what i get with gool ol'Cham + custom SSDT).

Is there a way to make my custom SSDT be loaded by Clover?

Another issue: since i updated to r. 1287, i cannot anymore boot in legacy mode: the "7" appears, but it never gets to the boot screen. Is there a fix for this?

Much appreciated!

P.S.: wich you a smooth recovery!

Hi TheConnactic and Thanks for the concerning...

You know that Clover had a small change on his folder hierarchy at the latest revisions (about 1292 if I'm not wrong) and this may affect UEFI and Legacy boot...

I propose to you to...

1> Create a new Clover USB Stick with the latest installer (1316) downloaded from SourceForge...

2> Adapt your current Clover's files to this new folder structure at your new USB Stick...

3> Check if you still can boot OS X using Clover...

If yes... About SSDT...

There is, in my opinion, a great "hole" on all this CPU Power Management issue, but for me, this isn't Clover's fault , but, more a matter of what the OEMs made to our ACPI table + tons of related things...

I'll talk to you what work for me...

Custom SSDT at /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched + DropOemSSDT=Yes + GenerateC/PStates=No + Custom MacPro5,1 profile = 12 P-States using AICPUPMI.kext or MSRDumper.kext (remember that I have an Sandy Bridge Processor)

I just discovered with the help of another user that I have to use my "Original" SSDT table adding/changing methods APSN, APSS and ACST to have a working Sleep... Using instead an SSDT generated with ssdtPRGen.sh or MaciASL.app will give me a good SpeedStep but a instant reboot after wake...

Hi TheConnactic and Thanks for the concerning...

Custom SSDT at /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched + DropOemSSDT=Yes + GenerateC/PStates=No

Exactly the procedure i follow, but with a iMac 13,1 profile. Unfortunately, no joy.

The upside is, the workaround from xpamamadeus i'm using solved the reboot after wake bug for me with Clover UEFI, and it enables at least one Turbo state, multiplier 36, so my geekbench scores and perceived performance went back to "normal" (normal being what i used to get with iMac 12,2 and no PM, having only 16 and 36 as P-states).

All the best!