kyndder

[GUIDE] Clover EFI Bootloader

Save preboot.log by pressing F2 key at Clover's GUI and attach here (the log will be saved at /EFI/CLOVER/misc folder)...

Hmmm. It's not saving anything pressing any of the "F keys" (log, screenshot, SSDT etc...). F1 brings up help OK so keys working..?

*** EDIT ***

So it wouldn't work with UEFI boot but with Legacy Boot it has..?!

preboot.log.zip

Edited by woZa
More information

got what might be called a major problem with the amount of memory showing - using 1316 is showing 12GB (3 banks!???).

disk activity shows 8.13? Note: b1208 shows the proper amount - 8GB and 2 banks - with 8.00 in the activity monitor

I got the b1316 on the lenovo T420 after playing with config.plist (removed patchVBios yes) and removing the csm driver.

There are few Memory Detection issues that re being solved by the Devs....

You can follow the progress here > [bug] Memory Detection And Table Patching - Project OS X Forums

Hmmm. It's not saving anything pressing any of the "F keys" (log, screenshot, SSDT etc...). F1 brings up help OK so keys working..?

*** EDIT ***

So it wouldn't work with UEFI boot but with Legacy Boot it has..?!

Unfortunately, preboot.log while Legacy booting will not help us to solve your UEFI boot...

You are using an FAT32 Formatted USB Stick with latest Clover installer Downloaded from SourceForge??? > https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Hi, kyndder!

Tried your fixes and some others, yet i'm stuck with 6 P-states, one of them is useless (12, when the minimum for my CPU is 16) and only one turbo state, 36. But it's way better than no PM, so i'll stick with it for now, since, on the bright side of things, i fixed legacy boot for Clover and the wake bug for UEFI boot, so now i can use Clover in either mode i want.

All the best!

P.S.: it's also reporting 16GB when i have only 8GB installed. Funny. But doesn't really bothers me, as long as it doesn't impair performance.

Edited by TheConnactic

Hi, kyndder!

Tried your fixes and some others, yet i'm stuck with 6 P-states, one of them is useless (12, when the minimum for my CPU is 16) and only one turbo state, 36. But it's way better than no PM, so i'll stick with it for now, since, on the bright side of things, i fixed legacy boot for Clover and the wake bug for UEFI boot, so now i can use Clover in either mode i want.

All the best!

Nice that you was able to fix also those annoying issues...

About the P-States, blackosx made available here for download an script that read IOReg and shows assigned Performance States by the system > Darwindumper App - Project OS X Forums

This may help also with your CPUPM investigations...

Unfortunately, preboot.log while Legacy booting will not help us to solve your UEFI boot...

You are using an FAT32 Formatted USB Stick with latest Clover installer Downloaded from SourceForge??? > https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiB{censored}/

Thanks for you help so far. Didn't think it would... Yes to both your questions. No idea why it won't save log in UEFI mode but will in Legacy...