Sign in to follow this  
CrisisOverlord

Hackintosh on the ASUS P5KC

Question

Hey Guys,

I'm encountering an error with trying to boot into the installer via USB.

First of all I used kakewalks IOPCIFamily.kext fix, to fix the [PCI Configuration Begin] error.

But I am currently getting the errors:

"kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOFirewireIP]: In interface com.apple.kpi.iokit of _kernel_, couldn't find symbol _ZN8IOMapper18_RESERVEDIOMapper3Ev

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleSMC]: In interface com.apple.kpi.iokit of _kernel_, couldn't find symbol _ZN8IOMapper18_RESERVEDIOMapper3Ev

kxld[com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X]: In interface com.apple.kpi.iokit of _kernel_, couldn't find symbol _ZN8IOMapper18_RESERVEDIOMapper3Ev

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.iokit of _kernel_, couldn't find symbol _perf_monitor_register

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.iokit of _kernel_, couldn't find symbol _ZN8IOMapper18_RESERVEDIOMapper3Ev

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager]: In interface com.apple.kpi.iokit of _kernel_, couldn't find symbol _ZN8IOMapper18_RESERVEDIOMapper3Ev

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOSurface]: In interface com.apple.kpi.iokit of _kernel_, couldn't find symbol _ZN8IOMapper18_RESERVEDIOMapper3Ev

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOUserEthernet]: In interface com.apple.kpi.iokit of _kernel_, couldn't find symbol _perf_monitor_register

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOUserEthernet]: In interface com.apple.kpi.iokit of _kernel_, couldn't find symbol _ZN8IOMapper18_RESERVEDIOMapper3Ev"

Has anyone encountered these errors?

My specifications are in my signature

Side note: I didn't pirate Mountain Lion, I used a friends mac and downloaded it from there, using an account I temporarily created to do so.

Also I am using a custom USB stick I made, by Mounting the BaseSystem.dmg (I think it is) and restoring that to a usb stick then installed the latest chameleon release (from here) onto the usb stick.

ok kakewalk need dsdt do you have ???

I am think not;) but you need to delete dsdt in extra folder because If not your:encouragement:

after install chameleon enoch-rev-2052.pkg

when your coming back and I am explain the other thing you need to do:D:eagerness:

There isn't a DSDT for my motherboard, I have looked for the audio I normally use Universal HDA from {censored}'s MB{censored}, also for the IOPCIFamily.kext doesn't need a DSDT (at least I don't think it does), as it is just a PCI port fix.

There isn't a DSDT for my motherboard, I have looked for the audio I normally use Universal HDA from {censored}'s MB{censored}, also for the IOPCIFamily.kext doesn't need a DSDT (at least I don't think it does), as it is just a PCI port fix.

no if you using kakewalk installer 4.1.1 I gives you automatique dsdt in extra folder take a look

It said to replace the current IOPCIFamily kext with the one in the mountain lion sub-folder. I'll retry but using the kakewalk installer. The one here http://www.kakewalk.se/help/ Plus, Chameleon didn't create the extra folder.

ok you don't cheek in extra folder I told you for verifying I f you have dsdt