Sign in to follow this  
esse76

Snow Leopard RetailDVD img Boot from USB wont work...

Question

Hi everyone...probably somebody already posted a topic like mine..wasn't able to see something like..

if somebody already posted that kind i do my apologize...

perhaps i'm a noob on mac and related or perhaps i don't get the right way to run things right..

since i saw it is possible install snow leopard on Asus P5K in the following link:

HCL 10.6.3 - OSx86

i'm trying to make a Snow Leopard USB bootable.

i did tried to find a solution to get it up and running from usb.. followed tutorial how to so searched quiet well with google but couldn't find a way to make the USB bootable..

the first 2 times "following 2 different tutorials" as soon as PC boot up and launched the set up from USB

got black screen and saw kernel panic so crashed i do believe....

tried other tutorial... one wouldn't even make boot the usb black screen and blinking cursor..

tried another and finally could boot from USB without crash panic or blinking cursor..

but that one get stuck on gray screen with apple in the middle and no sign of something is loading....

is there a way to create a snow leopard usb bootable is working??with retail .img of snow leopard

didn't mentioned i have an up and running leopard 10.5.1..."and can't get rid on update it but doesn't matter"...

Edited by esse76

If you can make a signature with your hardware in it like mine, we can help better.

This is a very nice guide to follow: olarila.com ? View topic - Snow Leopard on Asus Mobos/Notebooks

This guide doesn't use a USB.

You will need a RETAIL DVD: http://www.osx86.net/news-announcements/19774-mac-os-x-10-6-snow-leopard-dvd-19-99-available.html

A downloaded or iMac DVD will (often) not work.

Black screen tells us nothing, boot with bootflag:

-v

to see where it stucks.

If you can make a signature with your hardware in it like mine, we can help better.

This is a very nice guide to follow: olarila.com ? View topic - Snow Leopard on Asus Mobos/Notebooks

This guide doesn't use a USB.

You will need a RETAIL DVD: http://www.osx86.net/news-announcements/19774-mac-os-x-10-6-snow-leopard-dvd-19-99-available.html

A downloaded or iMac DVD will (often) not work.

Black screen tells us nothing, boot with bootflag:

-v

to see where it stucks.

forget the blinking cursor..... wont use anymore that method to install snow from usb....

just a waste of time...

so probably the thing not working just why i am using a non original copy of leopard

well dont know ill try it too...

as soon as i get reinstalled leopard 10.5.1..

tried to upgrade and got kernel panic wasn't on time to delete 1 kext :o :o

in love and got mad to have snow leopard......

so wont get lion... believe its enough for me...

the matter is... only to get it installed..

also got another partition is waiting to run again and i put on safe some data in there