Sign in to follow this  
bobert

the age old problems of a dell latitude c640

Question

Hi Guys and Girls

im bobert ! nice to meet ya !

well i got this old laptop from ebay for about 25£'s couldnt believe it LOL almost nothing.

ive put a Gigs ram in it and its speed of cpu is 2.20GH'z not sure if i believe that, just updated the bios to A10

so thats a Dell Latitude C640 A10

Mods so far ??

Wifi an Ram, wifi is a tried an tested Broadcom BCM4318kfbg working outer the box minimum for me would have to be 10.5 not 10.4 there are guides out but i want 10.5 onwards if poss can someone please let me know if its do able

the way i was thinking was how i posted on insanely mac via

1 take the hdd out

2 plug the hdd that you want to install osx onto, onto a caddy - whats a caddy ??? basically it turns the hdd into a pendrive either with its own power from the mains or a set of usb plugs for power

3 so now you have your hdd out the laptop and into a caddy, so we plug it onto a machine thats already running osx or windows (handy LOL)

4 boot up whatever version of the osx platform you want from its setup on that working machine and pick the caddy to install to..

5 i think that might work i will be trying it when my new working hdd comes and let you know if i can how i get on

im going to be aiming for 10.5 minimum an i'll try Kalyway an maybe Idenebe any version of 10.5 by them, not too sure about IPC might be far too advanced because it will come with loads of stuff

1 answer to this question